Catsailor.com

Stuff

Posted By: john p

Stuff - 04/07/11 10:09 AM

Hi fellas I've been away for a while and I am a bit out of touch, I am after a bit of data on the newer F16's, can anyone tell me what is the distance from transom to centres of the beams, also boom length

cheers
jp
Posted By: pepin

Re: Stuff - 04/08/11 01:01 PM

Wow, last time you posted on this board was in August of 09! Welcome back!

Sorry I don't have a new F16, so I can't help you directly. But from observations at the Euro in Como last year I can say that the main beam on newer F16 designs are farther back than the Stealth, the boom length is shorter to compensate so the main has a higher aspect ratio.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Stuff - 04/08/11 02:00 PM

John, I'm washing my boat today so I could take some measurements (in inches, not metric!) if you'd like but it's a US Blade of about 2006(? I forget) vintage, is that "newer" enough or are you looking for something -very- new, like the Falcon or Viper?

Re: Stuff - 04/08/11 02:43 PM

You should contact Hans. I know for a fact he measured a Viper to build his AquaRaptor as he wanted to be able to use the same sail and masts, so he needed the same geometry for the sail plan.

Re: Stuff - 04/10/11 06:10 PM

Thanks Tim but it's the Falcon and Viper I'm interested in, I'm quite familiar with the Blade
cheers
jp
Posted By: DanTnz

Re: Stuff - 04/11/11 07:04 AM

John - I'd measure mine for you only I'm separated from it by about 5 countries the English Channel and the Solent right now.

There is a thread on here somewhere where Wouter has worked out the relative dimensions of at least the Blade and the Viper, but buggered if I can find it, maybe if he reads this he will repost it.

Also - any history on this boat:
Stealth on Ebay
Is it one of the canoe bow versions or the later style?

Re: Stuff - 04/11/11 11:44 AM

Hi this boat has the later raked back bows
cheers
john

Re: Stuff - 04/11/11 05:42 PM

I'm going to Carnac in two weeks, I'm bound to find at least some Vipers there and maybe a couple of Falcon. I can bring a tape measure and do some stealth (haha) measurement at night...
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Stuff - 04/11/11 06:35 PM

Well Matt and Gillo both have Falcon's, maybe they could throw some numbers your way.
Posted By: Brett Goodall

Re: Stuff - 04/12/11 08:23 AM

Plenty of VIPERS at carnac!!! Come say hi, Pepin and I will hold the other end of the tape for you!!

Re: Stuff - 05/16/11 07:36 AM

On a Viper, sizes in cms:

Transom to center of rear beam: 54
beam center to beam center: 200
Boom length (without gooseneck): 209
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums