Catsailor.com

ISAF format Class Rules Ballot

Posted By: F16Sec

ISAF format Class Rules Ballot - 05/14/11 11:50 AM

Below is a letter to all F16 sailors from Hans Klok, Chairman of the F16 Governing Council.

Further information is available in the members forum on the F16 Class Website.

Zandvoort 13-05-2011
Dear F16 sailors,

Following the ISAF approval for Recognised Status for the F16 class in November 2010, the F16 Constitution requires that the ISAF approved rule set needs to be voted in by the members.
The F16 Governing Council has prepared this ballot and is ready to send this out to the members that have paid their annual class membership fee.
Please be aware of the fact that if you have not paid your fee for 2011 you will not be eligible to vote on this ballot. If you want to vote on the ballot then your fee needs to be received before 23rd July 2011. Renewal or new membership is available via the official F16 website at www.formula16.net . Payment is via Paypal and you can pay via a Paypal account if you have one or via credit or debit card through Paypal.
Please note that 2011 fees fell due on 1st January, and therefore anyone not currently paid is not an F16 Class Member and that is the reason for an ineligibility to vote – the F16 Constitution is very clear on this matter. Only those that have renewed for 2011 or those that have joined and paid for the first time during November/December 2010 will be eligible to vote.
Best regards,
Hans Klok
Chairman F16 Governing Council
Posted By: Junior

Re: ISAF format Class Rules Ballot - 05/17/11 08:06 PM

When will the ballots go out?
Posted By: pgp

Re: ISAF format Class Rules Ballot - 05/17/11 08:18 PM

+1
Posted By: Jalani

Re: ISAF format Class Rules Ballot - 05/18/11 07:07 AM

I understand from Marcus that they've already gone out?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ISAF format Class Rules Ballot - 05/18/11 10:46 AM

There may be some confusion... the class rules cited in the original announcement John put on the official class forum say there has to be an appropriate ballot paper prepared and circulated. However the follow up post contained a message from Hans (and which was also contained in an email Marcus sent out) saying "You should respond by either an email sent to... or by post to..." and stated exactly what has to be in that message for the vote to be counted:

Your vote should clearly identify you as a Financial Fleet Member, so please include your Name, Address and email address (and, if possible, your Association joining date).

In either case you should simply state YES or NO – any discussion, comment or proviso contained in your vote will render it void.

The wording of the rules seems to imply we are going to receive a pre-formatted form (e.g. paper in mail or pdf in email) that we have to send back, but the message from Hans suggests that the "appropriate ballot paper" is just whatever you send to Marcus, provided it meets the content requirements outlined above.

I'm not arguing for one or other, just pointing out that different people may infer two different things from the two separate messages.
Posted By: pgp

Re: ISAF format Class Rules Ballot - 05/18/11 12:10 PM

I actually voted, or thought I did, my email. Then the ballot question came up.
Posted By: F16Sec

Re: ISAF format Class Rules Ballot - 05/18/11 12:22 PM

I apologise if the attempts of the Executive to reach every F16 sailor has caused confusion.

F16 members may cast their vote by following the directions on the F16 member's forum. As this is an important vote for the Class, and many members notoriously do not visit the forums, the Returning Officer is also sending out the Ballot details to the email addresses we hold for paid-up members and ALSO TO former members (this latter group are reminded that they must renew their membership to be elegible to vote).

We CAN see how some confusion in this process may occur - for that we apologise - but the intention has always been one vote to each elegible member and that vote may be cast by email or post. Provided the Returning Officer is able to identify each vote cast as being from a unique source, that can be identified as an elegible voter, it wil count.
Posted By: Rolf_Nilsen

Re: ISAF format Class Rules Ballot - 05/18/11 04:49 PM

I recieved the instructions the other day. No problem here.
Posted By: Jalani

Re: ISAF format Class Rules Ballot - 06/05/11 06:35 PM

**BUMP**
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums