Catsailor.com

How Many US Racing F16

Posted By: TEH

How Many US Racing F16 - 06/02/11 06:06 PM

I am posting this simply because I'm interested in the growth progress of the class.

How many Racing F16 are there by region of the US?

Midwest (Wisconsin/Illinois): I know of 5 - all in CRAW. We lost one recently, but he may be back if and when he gets a new boat.

How about Florida? Maryland? MidSouth (Chattnooga, Memphis)?
California? Any other F16 "hubs?"
Posted By: maritimesailor

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/02/11 06:10 PM

slowly growing in Canada, just sold two vipers into Quebec City, I think there are two others in the Toronto region.

Quebec is a HUGE cat loving sailing area (french sailors, go figure) that is having a hard time establishing / maintaining the fleet they had a few years back (to be clear, the high end racers are still there, it is the mid / recreation fleet that is dying). Hopefully an F16, with its race-ability AND family usability (and ability to sail solo) will gain a foothold in that area.

I think the F16 is a wonderful boat (I know, preaching to the choir), just have to convince all the people who bought N17s they need to jump ship (literally).

Cheers,
-P
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/02/11 06:35 PM

The 2 in Memphis generally go to the Panhandle. smile

No racing here. frown

Mike

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/02/11 06:36 PM

You and Andy?
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/02/11 06:39 PM

You got it.

Used to be a nice Hobie Fleet here, but that died about 7-10 years ago. After a couple of the spark plugs left, that was the end of it.

I stopped sailing my 18 at about the same time for a few different reasons, mostly couldn't find crew for the regatta's to be legal, so I pretty much quit until the F16 class came along.
Posted By: Kris Hathaway

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/02/11 09:11 PM

11 Active @ WRSC.

Another yet to move into the club with new Viper but is a member. A 13th that is waiting on parts for his snuffer. It has been a tough Spring in many ways and we have yet to get everyone on the water the same time.

Open House at West River Sailing Club, Galesville (Annapolis Area) MD this Saturday, June 4th. Anyone lurking and want to try an F16, come on by between 10-3. You could be #14!!!!
Posted By: Mark Schneider

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/02/11 11:20 PM

Hey Kris

What does it look like for F16 turnout at Rock Hall weekend after this. I think you had 5 in class last year???

Hobies have a schedule conflict precipitated by their NA's so we are down one open class. A cats probably looking at 15 boats or so.

No Lightings this year.... YEAH!
Posted By: soccerguy83

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/03/11 02:27 PM

I know WRSC has the North Chesapeake covered, are there any active sailors in the mid to South bay?
Posted By: tzilinski

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/16/11 08:42 PM

I am the new owner of Falcon #203. It is now residing in Massachusetts. I plan on sailing it regularly on Great Herring Pond in Plymouth and local Cape Cod beaches.

I'm looking forward to joining the class and hope to make it to nationals for a real education.

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/16/11 08:43 PM

Welcome to the class!
Posted By: pgp

Re: How Many US Racing F16 - 06/16/11 08:49 PM

Welcome.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums