Catsailor.com

US F16 nationals

Posted By: Karl_Brogger

US F16 nationals - 07/26/11 10:14 PM

What's the best airport to fly in to?
Posted By: Reiss

Re: US F16 nationals - 07/27/11 03:42 AM

I think BWI is the most convenient large airport.
Posted By: Kris Hathaway

Re: US F16 nationals - 07/27/11 04:03 AM

BWI is the closest and easiest. About 35 mins to WRSC. Several WRSC F16 members drive by if you need a ride. Rental facility is a PIA because it requires a 10 min shuttle. Used to be on site.

There is a private airfield in Edgewater 15 Mins to WRSC.
Posted By: umairaraza100

Re: US F16 nationals - 07/27/11 11:58 AM

well i shall also recommend you for the BWI Airport because its so lagre which i had not seen till then really its in my opinion very big

Re: US F16 nationals - 07/27/11 06:22 PM

I kinda figured Baltimore was the best choice. Thanks guys.
Posted By: TEH

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/02/11 09:35 PM

Hotels in the area?
Posted By: Tony_F18

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/03/11 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by umairaraza100
well i shall also recommend you for the BWI Airport because its so lagre which i had not seen till then really its in my opinion very big

The guy posting this is a spam-bot right?

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/03/11 01:31 PM

has to be.

Also..... where the heck can I sign up and pay?
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/03/11 02:07 PM

An NOR hasn't been published yet. I believe they are waiting until the web registration stuff gets set up before they post it.

Last I heard, they were working on both. That was about a week ago.

Mike

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/03/11 08:55 PM

Correct. We will be posting very soon via RegattaTech.com.
Posted By: Mike Fahle

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/07/11 12:56 AM

The one you were headed to?

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/07/11 02:16 PM

I'm driving down with a stack. My crew is planning on flying in.

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/09/11 05:18 PM

2011 USF16 Nationals NOR & Registration Info

In addition to the USF16 Nationals, all racers are welcome to join WRSC's F16s, N20s, & A-Cats for the following races:

Labor Day Friday September 2nd - 11 mi distance race to Annapolis, lunch, and 12 mi race back to Galesville (catching Thomas Point Light on the way back).

Tuesday evening racing September 6th and 13th.

NASS Annapolis-Oxford (31 mi) race September 17th and TAYC Hammond Memorial (20 mi) race September 18th back towards Galesville. We start last, sail through 150+ monohulls and big cats, and challenge a 72' sloop for line honors followed by a huge party hosted by the Tred Avon Yacht Club.

Additional events in the area are the Baltimore F-1 Gran Prix and Annapolis Race Week, both Labor Day weekend.

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/09/11 10:29 PM

Signed up.

Can I pay on site without the extra fee?
Posted By: pgp

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/10/11 01:29 AM

Holy shite! Daniel and Rodriguez!

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/10/11 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
Signed up.

Can I pay on site without the extra fee?

Registration is completed with payment. All entries are welcome to send payment to USF16, c/o Kris Hathaway, 4537 Rusty Gate, Ellicott City, MD, 21043 if there is a preference to pay with a check or money order.

Main reason for the heavy late fee is to get the registration including payments out of the way. One less thing for the organizers to worry about during the event.

........If you insist to pay with rolled coins, entries will be required to carry them as additional ballast throughout the event wink

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/10/11 04:31 AM

Fine. I hate PayPal, and similar companies.
Posted By: Seth

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/13/11 04:46 PM

need help in regards to hotels and places to stay in the area. Called Pirates Cove but they are booked for Thursday through Saturday. He said Kris has 4 booked rooms, are they already spoken for?

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/15/11 01:50 PM

That would be me....reserving them for you guys. They are very convenient to the event. I have your e-mail from registration and will send additional info.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/15/11 04:23 PM

I just registered but have not paid yet, I will soon. How much are the rooms you reserved and is there any on-site tenting allowed at the host club?

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/15/11 06:56 PM

County zoning does not allow camping on-site.

The room rates are between $95-115/night. About 200 yards from WRSC. Some of them also have roll-aways if you really want to fill them up.

Beyond Priates Cove in Galesville, the next closest lodgings are about 15 mins away in Edgewater, MD. 1 room has been booked already. Cheryl is the point of contact at 410-867-2300. Just let her know that you are racing at West River Sailing Club.

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/15/11 07:56 PM

Thanks for doing all the work Kris!
Posted By: Chris9

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/15/11 07:57 PM

AND no sleeping over in the club house either...it will get Kris in trouble like it did another Chris I know...

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/15/11 08:03 PM

How about in a van...down by the river?

;^)

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/16/11 09:05 PM

Are you using sail numbers for boat identification, or will you be handing out bow numbers?

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/17/11 12:17 PM

Sail numbers

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/17/11 03:04 PM

Dang it! lol

Now I HAVE to get my number's/letters on my main.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/17/11 05:54 PM

Dang it! lol

Now I HAVE to get my number's/letters on my main.

You'll probably be the only F16 with pink sails so do you really think you need numbers?

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/24/11 06:41 PM

Really? We're two weeks out and only 16 boats have registered? We should be in the mid-20's for entrants.
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/24/11 08:23 PM

I can't make it cause of vacation time issues. frown

Mike

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/24/11 10:15 PM

I expect at least another 4 more from WRSC.

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/24/11 10:41 PM

I was in, but now I am out. Someone else will have to "anchor" the fleet.

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/25/11 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Kris Hathaway
I expect at least another 4 more from WRSC.

Is there going to be a WRSC left after Iriene gets all wrapped up?

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/25/11 05:54 PM

Biggest issue is flooding from the storm surge. Chesapeake Bay was like a giant bathtub with Isabelle. She came up through western Maryland pushing all of the water up the bay and over to the Eastern Shore. When the pressure released, all of that water came over to the western shore with a high tide and full moon. The water just kept on rising.

Current track has Irene off of the coast. That may actually pull water out of the bay and the wind will push what is left at the the western shore. Winds will be strong but nothing like what the Outer Banks will experience. Still too early to be certain on her exact path. We have a pretty goood "cold" front pushing through today and overnight. Usually, west-to-east cold front will fend off a hurricane but its arrival is too early with Irene to really keep her out in the ocean.

We'll be at the club early Saturday morning to lower masts and drive to higher ground if the forecast dictates.....and I bet I'll see some windsurfers.

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/28/11 06:41 PM

So Kris, how did it turn out? Not too much damage I hope!

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/29/11 12:14 PM

Just a lot of smelly sailors. Town of Galesville and a lot of south Anne Arundel county is without power due to downed power lines. No tidal surge as the storm went up coast. Lost some beach at the ramp.

Galesville does not have public water and electricity is needed to run the wells.

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/29/11 04:21 PM

No wind today, but probably as much rain as you got this weekend. Jeez, what a downpour!

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/30/11 03:03 AM

So what can we expect? Wind? Temperatures? Hostile natives?

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/30/11 12:34 PM

I heard Ed has rum. Might be just a rumor...

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/30/11 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by pgp
I heard Ed has rum. Might be just a rumor...
Ed has consumed all of the rum as well as all other spirits on hand as defense against the odor of not having a shower since Irene. whistle

Galesville is still without power but should be restored later today or tomorrow. Weather has been clear and calm, so the utility crews been able to work around the clock.

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/30/11 05:50 PM

So what can we expect? Wind? Temperatures? Hostile natives?

Average Temps Average Hi-80 / Lo-60.

Thomas Point Light / NOAA Water Temp - 75. Winds average in the low teens. You will be able to see TMPL from the course which will be set up in the bay at the mouth of the West River unless it is really blowing. Then the course will be just inside of the mouth of the West River between Rhodes River and Parish Creek.

All of the hostile natives will be recovering from this holiday weekend's Annapolis Race Week where the Dark & Stormies are unlimited for $20 each evening at the city dock's tent party with live music and video from each day's racing. whistle However, we had one boat of groupies from last week's Tuesday night racing flashing the "headlights" while following the action!!! Must be AC hype?

Re: US F16 nationals - 08/30/11 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo
So Kris, how did it turn out? Not too much damage I hope!

[Linked Image]

Thomas Point Light as Irene passed off the coast of Maryland.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/02/11 01:08 PM

Who's eyeballing the weather?

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201112.html

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/03/11 06:41 PM

Looks like the remnants of TD-Lee will be the influencing weather maker. Still too early to be certain.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/04/11 01:16 AM

Getting ready to roll bitches!
[Linked Image]

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/05/11 02:37 PM

Karl is enroute.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/06/11 05:55 PM

I should ne pulling into WRSC around seven. Will anything be open?

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/07/11 05:10 PM

Rain, rain go away, I want to set up my boat today.....

Warm and very humid today.

I see Matt's Falcon here.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/07/11 06:25 PM

TS - Lee leftovers = PIA.
Posted By: RegattaTech

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/07/11 08:08 PM

Looks like things should be clearing up a bit as the weekend nears. Crossing fingers for you.

WX

2011 F-16 Nationals Current Entry List

Posted By: SoggyCheetoh

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/08/11 12:13 PM

Looking over the NOR, it shows the schedule for Friday, but doesn't mention the start times for Saturday or Sunday. Can someone fill me in as I won't be able to come out and play until Saturday.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/09/11 09:43 PM

One race today. Sat in a downpour for about an hour.

I only know the first six finishers.
Daniel/Rodriguez
Chu/Chu
Mcdonald/Mcdonald
Reiss/Whitehead
Brogger/Sliwerska
Makenzie/Witte

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/11/11 01:04 AM

Brutal race today. One, brutal race today. Robbie won it, (shocker), other than that I don't know. I finished mid paxk, I think...... I finished the race in 1:38.

Hoping for wind tomorrow, forecast does not look promising though.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/11/11 02:58 AM

No results online? Got a room full of people here at Rock Lake want to know what's happening.

(and you missed just one brutal race here as well :))
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/11/11 11:12 PM

Results first 3 races
Posted By: Mark Schneider

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/12/11 12:33 AM

I've never seen worse conditions for a regatta on the bay... so sorry for those guys.... not to mention the huge flush of the countryside into the bay.

Congrats on getting three races off.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/12/11 03:30 AM

Gotta love those three race championships......
Posted By: Mappy

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/12/11 06:14 PM

Update? ?
Just no wind, and 3 races made up the champ?

Curious on the status, and if any F16 meetings were had for further development of the class in NA.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/12/11 10:05 PM

TS - Lee did a real number on the event. 5 days straight of heavy rains followed by a complete dismantling of the weather system resulting is 3 straight days of extremely light winds, debris in the water, and soggy conditions on shore; atypical for the Annapolis area this time of year.

The competitors showed a lot grit and desire to race but only one/day was the best that could be achieved.

Congrats to the winners, thanks to all that competed and a nod to the race committee & volunteers for hanging in there with us.

It was a real pleasure to visit old friends and make new ones. I am looking forward to next year's event!

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/12/11 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mappy
Just no wind

Final Results

On the results page, Regatta Tech automatically links the local weather information for each day's racing. Just click on the weather icon in the upper right next to each date. Nice touch Regatta Tech!!

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/12/11 11:05 PM

You'll just have to come to Carlyle Oct 1-2 and get some more racing in.

Meanwhile in other news, Tom (TEH) won the last race at Rock Lake this weekend. On a Blade F16 Uni. On elapsed time. Against 3 N20s, 9 F18s, 2 F17s and an F16.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/12/11 11:55 PM

It's funny, but I have yet to get a bullet in a race at a CRAW regatta.
Posted By: RegattaTech

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/13/11 03:23 AM

Glad you liked that touch smile

Sorry to hear about the lack of wind over the weekend.

It was a pleasure helping y'all out with your event. Keep us in mind next time you're putting something together. We'd be more than happy to help out again.

Final Results

On the results page, Regatta Tech automatically links the local weather information for each day's racing. Just click on the weather icon in the upper right next to each date. Nice touch Regatta Tech!!

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/13/11 11:03 PM

It was a freak thing.

For once I had a good start and went to the better side of the course. Got some nice lifts and was able to see the headers that Guy and Ed got (who were ahead of me) so I took a different course.

JJ also sailed with me on Friday and definitely helped me get the rig dialed in and taught me some great stuff. Wes also helped me on light air sail shape on Saturday.

That's the great thing about CRAW. Everybody helps everyone to sail beter.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/14/11 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by TEH
That's the great thing about CRAW. Everybody helps everyone to sail beter.

Yup. Awesome club.

Re: US F16 nationals - 09/14/11 05:45 PM

Ed's wife makes the best spring rolls I've ever eaten! If they were available here I'd order them by the dozen!

The weather didn't cooperate but WRSC is a great club, Annapolis is a really neat town and I have to say, Maryland seafood is much better than Florida seafood!

Ed, Constantine, Kris & Vic thanks so much, it was a pleasure!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums