Catsailor.com

US Nationals

Posted By: Anonymous

US Nationals - 11/10/12 01:11 AM

Presumably we'll hear some first-hand reports in due course, but day 1 results are up - http://www.isailrace.com/Event/Results/be135c8b-08db-46d1-bd93-d2addc7a1012
1-Enrique Figueroa & Carla Malatrasi
2-Sarah Newberry & John Casey
3-Matt & Gina McDonald
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: US Nationals - 11/10/12 01:13 AM

Light air today. Not horridly so, but close.
Two races, somewhat shifty. Races were about an hour each where we finished mid-pack.

Re: US Nationals - 11/10/12 11:46 PM

Hey I've been cheated!!

I watched the racing live on kattack today, following with great interest how Team Wisconsin was doing. I go & look at the results later on and rub my eyes in puzzlement when I realize that they are completely different from what I saw happen on the water (so to speak) earlier in the day...

Huh?? So I went and watched today's recorded races and find that sure enough they are completely different from what I had seen live earlier in the day! What?? I'm thinking I've dropped into some kind of 'Fringe' alternative universe... until I realize what has happened. What I saw 'live' today was actually yesterday's races! Kattack played them in the 'live' player as if they were happening in real time!

What a disappointment! Someone there should let whoever is handling the system know there is a problem. They probably don't even realize what happened.

Re: US Nationals - 11/11/12 05:10 PM

Some close racing...after R6, with throwouts and based just on the boats carrying trackers (which excludes just the Hearns in the top 10), by my calculation it looks like Figueroa, Newberry and Reiss are all tied for 1st on 15 points. McDonald on 18 and Wilmot on 19.

Re: US Nationals - 11/11/12 08:11 PM

Hmm, interesting... was there a change in the SI's? Unless I'm having the same problem I had yesterday and not actually seeing what's happening in real-time, it's well after the 2pm cutoff listed in the SI's but they just started R9. Only Newkirk and Garbero have gone back to the beach.

By my calculation, after R8 the tie had been broken in favor of Newberry, with Figueroa 2nd and Reiss 3rd.

Re: US Nationals - 11/11/12 08:58 PM

Looked like an epic battle in R9... Falcon 1-2 - McDonald from Newberry. Enough to get them both on the podium? Eagerly awaiting final results...

Re: US Nationals - 11/11/12 09:24 PM

And the results are up - http://www.isailrace.com/Event/Results/be135c8b-08db-46d1-bd93-d2addc7a1012

1. Sarah Newberry and John Casey
2. Enrique Figueroa and Carla Malatrasi
3. Matt and Gina McDonald

In 9 races, 6 different teams got bullets.

Congrats all!
Posted By: pgp

Re: US Nationals - 11/11/12 09:34 PM

Thanks Mark.

Re: US Nationals - 11/11/12 11:11 PM

Hopefully we'll soon get some event reports from those who were there.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: US Nationals - 11/12/12 03:16 AM

Race 9 started at probably 1:58.

Re: US Nationals - 11/12/12 05:06 AM

My guess is that the kattack 'live' stream was delayed by an hour, because it was close to 3pm when I saw it. Further confirmation is that the results were online before kattack even had all the boats off the water. I was thinking how smart the RC were to get the data processed and uploaded from out on the water, but apparently not. Still they did a pretty decent job.
Posted By: tshan

Re: US Nationals - 11/12/12 02:45 PM

Great turnout. Congratulations to the class, the organizers and all the competitors.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums