Catsailor.com

ISAF World Cup - Viper

Posted By: Tony_F18

ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 10:58 AM

Results from the WC in Melbourne, although its more like an Aus Viper Nationals smile
http://www.yachting.org.au/site/yachting/event/46026/Overall_22.html
Posted By: Timbo

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 02:26 PM

What happened in race 4? Only 2 sailed it? Too much wind or not enough?

It would have been nice to see how Taylor Reese and/or Sara would have done against the best Aussie tallent. Any idea why they didn't go? (money, distance, time away from school would be my guess but...?)
Posted By: Jeff.Dusek

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 04:07 PM

Was blowing about 30 during race 4, Jason and Lisa dropped their rig, some other damage as well I think.

Not surprised no American teams went, the Viper was an invited class at the regatta and, the results don't count towards the ISAF World Cup because it is not the Olympic Equipment (Nacra 17).

Hopefully we will see Nacra 17s at the Miami OCR.
Posted By: pgp

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 04:49 PM

Et tu, Jeff?

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 05:24 PM

Jeff, when is the Miami OCR? Some time in Jan? Or later?
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 05:31 PM

web shows Jan 27 - Feb 1, 2013
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 05:33 PM

Bummer, that will take a bite out of Charlotte Harbor.

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 06:27 PM

Looks like I might be flying then too...trying to get it off but...?
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 07:13 PM

What's the likelihood of having boats for the ocr?
Posted By: Jeff.Dusek

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 07:33 PM

Event is scheduled for Jan 27- Feb 2nd. Not sure if a shipment of 17s will be in the US by then. I know the class is included in the NOR with a 40 boat max and 10 boat minimum. I have a feeling most of the European teams will be taking delivery of their boats In Europe and will sail Palma as their first World Cup event.

Unlikely there will be much overlap of teams with Charlotte Harbor.
Posted By: Tony_F18

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/06/12 09:28 PM

According to the event website no-one has entered yet for the Miami OCR.
Posted By: Helen (AHPC)

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/08/12 10:31 AM

I have heard that the Nacra 17's are not going to show for Miami World Cup. Can anyone confirm???
Posted By: Gilo

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/09/12 08:20 PM

Maybe we can have the F16 as a guest this time?
Posted By: dr5e14w

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 12/10/12 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff.Dusek
Was blowing about 30 during race 4, Jason and Lisa dropped their rig, some other damage as well I think.

Not surprised no American teams went, the Viper was an invited class at the regatta and, the results don't count towards the ISAF World Cup because it is not the Olympic Equipment (Nacra 17).

Hopefully we will see Nacra 17s at the Miami OCR.

It was blowing about 30 in the second race, the killer was the sea state though. The waves were pushing two meters with a really short period. It made life very difficult at the top mark. All I needed to do was round the top mark and finish to get second but caught a bad series of waves/wind combination and capsized 4 times in the bear away. We decided to pull the pin after the last capsize since we hadnt broken anything yet but were bound to with how hard we were crashing. Overall it was a very good event with lots of lessons learned.
Posted By: Mark Schneider

Re: ISAF World Cup - Viper - 10/31/13 05:31 PM

No... you really don't want that. The fundamental problem is a launch with good access. The host yacht club is on the wrong side of three bridges.(nice to have a tow boat) and the race course is at the other end of Biscayne Bay. 5 to 6 mile sail. If they arrange for a state park to give you access it's not so bad... but still a 4 mile sail to the race course.

All in all a pricey and inconvenient place to sail during the OCR gold cup.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums