Catsailor.com

US F16 HP Association-

Posted By: Kirt

US F16 HP Association- - 09/24/01 06:30 PM

Okay all you True Blue Americans!
<br>I need some volunteers to start up the US Chapter of the International Formula 16 High Performance Class Association.
<br>I would like to involve as many interested parties as possible.
<br>Feel free to E-mail me personally or reply on this forum. I am looking for persons from different regions of the country as well as those sailing different boat types to get involved.
<br>Sail safe (and fast)!
<br>
<br>Kirt<br><br>Kirt Simmons
<br>Taipan #159, "A" cat US 48

Attached File
2718-  (40 downloads)
Posted By: Wouter

a reply - 09/24/01 08:11 PM

I guess your already in contact with Duncan S. and his friend ?
<br>
<br>If not mail me and I will put you into contact with him.
<br>
<br>Wouter<br><br>

Attached File
2724-  (44 downloads)
Posted By: Jon Hamlet

Re: US F16 HP Association- - 09/25/01 01:44 AM

I think we have more Taipan's in Florida than anywhere else, so I think we should become FHP16 US Fleet 1. Maybe the SE US would be a good initial territory. Any BIM's here in Florida yet?<br><br>

Attached File
2733-  (37 downloads)

Re: a reply - 09/25/01 11:43 PM

Wouter-
<br>Please put me in contact with!
<br>Thanks!
<br>

Attached File
2770-  (41 downloads)

Re: US F16 HP Fleet- - 09/25/01 11:45 PM

So Jon!
<br>Can I correctly assume then you would like to play a role? In the National Association and/or as Captain of the first fleet?
<br>Let me know-
<br>Thanks,

Attached File
2771-  (40 downloads)

Re: US F16 HP Fleet- - 09/26/01 02:33 AM

Of course!
<br>
<br>I'm glad to be of help in any capacity. Just wish I could scrape up more cats here in the Sarasota Bay area for some weekend racing! No sailing for me this week. The Red Tide is so bad that more than 20 minutes in it and my nose and throat are raw. This one is quite large, almost 30 miles long by 5 miles wide. Tropical Storm Gabriella broke it up, but the calm seas have returned and the Red Tide with it. Mote Marine and a number of government agencies are revelling in the opportunity to study one so large since they tend be rather rare. The week before the storm, the beaches were litered with countless thousands of dead fish.
<br>
<br>What say you Rick Smith, Patti, and Chuck? Shall be become US Fleet 1?<br><br>

Attached File
2775-  (39 downloads)

I think you'll need to mail them . - 09/26/01 10:43 AM

Jon,
<br>
<br>Gee, a 4 boat fleet so soon ?!! Wow ! however, I think you probably need to mail them privately. Chuck is not known to very active on this catsailors forum. Rick might well see it though.
<br>
<br>Wouter<br><br>

Attached File
2778-  (50 downloads)

E-mail is in your inbox now (nm) - 09/26/01 10:52 AM

Wouter<br><br>

Attached File
2779-  (40 downloads)

Re: US F16 HP First National Get-Together- - 09/26/01 10:23 PM

Jon-
<br>Since it looks like you guys are going to be Fleet 1, and I have had several other Taipan sailors inquire about some kind of a National get-together, I was thinking northern Florida somewhere in the Spring would be an excellent opportunity. Any regattas/events you are aware of we could "piggyback" onto for the first F16 HP/Taipan National get-together?
<br>Worrell 1000 start might be fun-
<br>

Attached File
2801-  (41 downloads)

Re: US F16 HP First National Get-Together- - 09/27/01 02:17 AM

I'll do a little research and come up with some suggestions.
<br>
<br>Sounds good to me. As you know, I'm not too keen on travelling more than 250 miles for a Regatta. Too many kids' activities to get away too long. Right now I'm coaching basketball. Saturdays are usually ball games (basketball, baseball, soccer, etc) and since I'm usually a coach, it's hard to get away unless I have a good Asst Coach. Can't wait for these kids to get into colleage so I can have my weekends back!
<br>
<br>Jon<br><br>

Attached File
2807-  (52 downloads)
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums