Catsailor.com

Waves at Clearwater

Posted By: Mugrace72

Waves at Clearwater - 01/25/12 03:29 AM

Is there any information on the Wave regatta that is supposed to be at Clearwater in a few weeks?

I can't seem to find any info.
Posted By: Mugrace72

Re: Waves at Clearwater - 02/19/12 09:47 PM

Just got home from The Cleatwater Wave regatta.

It was lots of fun and they really have a nice sailing center there.

They have a large number of Waves but are just learning about sailing them well, but they are really enthused.

We sailed under HCA rules, with Hobie sails.

It was quite a learning experience and it is comforting to know that the Hobie sails are all pretty darn equal.

It was a good tune-up for the HCA Mid-Winters where we will be bound by Hobie Clas rules.

In the end, John Sheery took top honors with Mike Powers second and Jack Woehrle third.

I will post the complete results tomorrow when regatta chairman, Richard White (not Rick White) sends them to me.

We did a lot of salesmanship and the Clearwater group will be bringing a trailer load of boats to the MW at Daytona.

Posted By: daniel_t

Re: Waves at Clearwater - 02/20/12 03:06 AM

I was out as an observer. I was too busy supporting my wife in her first road bike race to enter the regatta.

On Saturday there was almost no wind for most of the day (0-5mph,) then on Sunday the boats were screaming along in 25-30mph winds. How many races did you guys get in? I really wish I had been out there on Sunday, that was some crazy stuff!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums