Catsailor.com

Classic vs. Club

Posted By: hobie1616

Classic vs. Club - 09/15/12 12:54 AM

Are any modifications to the boat required to swap out a classic tramp for a club?
Posted By: BigWhoop

Re: Classic vs. Club - 09/15/12 01:01 PM

What year is your boat?
Previous to 2001 the Classic had three hooks down the inside of each hull to hold the trampoline. After that all boats had the trampoline tube down the inside which the Club trampoline could slide into.
My boat is a 2004 that was originally a Classic. I removed the slide in hooks, the foam spacers, and the tramp, sold them in the classified ads, and bought a club tramp.
For what it's worth I really like the bridle wires with the clips on the end from the Classic. I probably won't like them if they break.

Have Hobie day
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: Classic vs. Club - 09/15/12 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by BigWhoop
What year is your boat?
Previous to 2001 the Classic had three hooks down the inside of each hull to hold the trampoline. After that all boats had the trampoline tube down the inside which the Club trampoline could slide into.
My boat is a 2004 that was originally a Classic. I removed the slide in hooks, the foam spacers, and the tramp, sold them in the classified ads, and bought a club tramp.
For what it's worth I really like the bridle wires with the clips on the end from the Classic. I probably won't like them if they break.

Have Hobie day

Thanks! It'll be a new boat. The dealer only has a classic in stock. He'll order the club tramp. It'll be up to me to assemble as he's on Oahu and I'm on Maui. I'd rather do it myself anyway.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums