Catsailor.com

BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio

Posted By: Mugrace72

BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 04/22/13 06:11 PM

This could be the biggest Wave event of the Year. Open ( IWCA ) and Hobie ( HCA ) will both race together. Hobie Waves will be scored as its own fleet in addition to the open.

Put-In-Bay ( Bayweek ) Mark you calendars Aug 2 - 4.

http://i-lya.org/pages/regattas/sail-regatta.php

[Linked Image]

Information about these events: Rick@catsailor.com or Jack Woehrle; jackwoehrle@aol.com
Posted By: IndyWave

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 04/22/13 06:54 PM

So, are Waves racing only on Monday(8/5)? Or also Friday thru Sunday (8/2 - 8/4)?

Is there tent camping available?

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 04/22/13 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by IndyWave
So, are Waves racing only on Monday(8/5)? Or also Friday thru Sunday (8/2 - 8/4)?

Is there tent camping available?

Waves can race in the Steeplechase on Thursday, BayWeek which is Fri-Sat-Sun, and the Middle Bass Challenge on Monday.

Tent camping is welcome at the PIB Yacht Club or the State Park which is 2 miles away.

BayWeek will have a class for HCA legal Waves and IWCA (OPEN) Waves.

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR BAYWEEK DETAILS

BAY WEEK DETAILS
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 04/23/13 11:04 AM

Also check this link:
http://www.catsailor.com/Stories_Temp/BayWeekWavePromo.html
Posted By: IndyWave

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 04/23/13 01:57 PM

Would I get bonus points if I towed my Wave there with my '57 MG?

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 04/23/13 06:14 PM

Ought to do that for the Sport Car Races that Jack Woehrle puts on there nationally.
Now if it was a Model T, you would get lots of point.
BTW, we have 32 Model T Fords on the Island.
Rick

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 04/27/13 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by RickWhite
Ought to do that for the Sport Car Races that Jack Woehrle puts on

Rick

Put-In-Bay Sportscar Road Races
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/09/13 03:16 PM

We have 5 boats from Iowa and 2 from Minnesota coming.

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/09/13 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by xanderwess
We have 5 boats from Iowa and 2 from Minnesota coming.

Excellent Chris. Can you get them to register on-line. They don't have to pay until the deadline.

Have them put Hobie Wave HCA for their class if they are using a Hobie sail.

I-LYA Registration
Posted By: TigerLilly

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/28/13 11:46 AM

Hey Jack,

Do you know how the Race Committee plans to tell the two classes apart on the water?

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/28/13 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by TigerLilly
Hey Jack,

Do you know how the Race Committee plans to tell the two classes apart on the water?

Plans are for everyone to sail in one fleet but be scored as two classes.

You will have to declare which class you are in at the beginning. There will be a skippers meeting to explain it. The other option would be to have two starts. We think most folks would rather race as a fleet.

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/29/13 12:12 PM

<<We think most folks would rather race as a fleet>>
Totally agree with that. I am hoping they will use a streamer from a batten to tell the classes apart. Much easier on RC for scoring and helps the competitors to know who's playing for
which team.

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/29/13 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by TigerLilly
<<We think most folks would rather race as a fleet>>
Totally agree with that. I am hoping they will use a streamer from a batten to tell the classes apart. Much easier on RC for scoring and helps the competitors to know who's playing for
which team.

Yes, we will have different color streamers.

When are you getting here Mimi?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/29/13 04:12 PM

They don't have sailwave??

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/29/13 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by xanderwess
They don't have sailwave??

We don't know what they have but it will work out just fine.

It may be sailwave or it might be pencil and paper. grin

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/30/13 12:59 AM

We are due to land Wed afternoon. Would love to drop the boat at YC before heading to campground for Wed and Thur nights.

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/30/13 11:22 AM

No PRoblem. You can set the boat up as well. Waves are in the front.

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/30/13 11:56 AM

Thanks Rick. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!
Posted By: brucat

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/31/13 11:59 AM

23 boats registered?!?!!! Nice, wish I could be there with you!

Mike

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/31/13 01:27 PM

Could be a lot more. 2 or 3 from Miami area can't make it, and Newkirk's group planned on coming, but it seems the only one making it is Tom Whitehurst.
Big far Midwestern group coming, however. Should be fun

Weather looks good. Steeplechase will be a beat in 10 mph winds, not recommended for a Wave,
Friday forcasted winds westerly over 10,
Lighter on Saturday,
and up a little more on Sunday.

Goal is stay sober enough to sail. ha ha
Rick

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ August 1 - 5, Put-In-Bay, Ohio - 07/31/13 08:45 PM

Maybe that's for the best, then. I need Fat Boy Wind to avoid getting lapped by the lake sailors.

(Feel free to ignore this, I'm just trying to make myself feel better about not being able to go)...

Mike

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ Standings - 08/04/13 01:44 AM

BAYWEEK STANDINGS AFTER DAY 2

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ Standings ~ FINAL - 08/04/13 05:35 PM

Congratulations to masters Rick White and Jim Glanden. cool

BAYWEEK HOBIE WAVE RESULTS

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ Standings ~ FINAL - 08/07/13 03:11 AM

Thanks for posting the results. Nice job Rick and Jim!

Nice job getting that many Waves in one place!

Mike

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ Standings ~ FINAL - 08/07/13 01:40 PM

BTW, where are the stories???

Mike

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ Standings ~ FINAL - 08/08/13 11:08 AM

Working on that and should have a story with pix on the Headline Page of this site in a few days.

btw, I asked Korz for a story of your spring regatta several times and still have not received anything.
Rick

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ Standings ~ FINAL - 08/08/13 04:27 PM

Well, it's not my fleet, so I can't write an official story, but as I told Mimi (and anyone else that I came across), I've been attending Madcatter since 1997, and for me, this was the best one ever.

I raced with Hunter (6) on Saturday, sailed with Corey (2) in the afternoon, then had a blast in the Fat-Boy conditions on Sunday to take 2nd overall. I even got a bullet in there somewhere.

The weather was perfect, and Michelle and I spent a bunch of time playing with the kids in the park. We wiped them out enough that we could actually attend the Saturday night party for a change (while they were passed out in the RV).

Best highlights: Corey and Hunter washing the boat on Friday. Corey screaming mad because he wasn't on the boat when I took Hunter out (he's already a Hobie junkie). Hunter steering the boat during pre-start, spontaneously bursting into song. Which one? "Come Sail Away" by Styx...

Mike

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ Standings ~ FINAL - 08/09/13 11:20 AM

Should have the story on the Headline Page today.., lots of good pix

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ Standings ~ FINAL - 08/09/13 02:11 PM

Now with all the story and pictures. Just go to our Welcome/Headline Page by clicking our logo in upper left corner, or going to
www.catsailor.com

Re: BayWeek Wave Extravaganza ~ Standings ~ FINAL - 08/09/13 02:19 PM

Nice story, great photos:>

Mimi
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums