Catsailor.com

Classic tramp conversion

Posted By: peter

Classic tramp conversion - 09/22/05 10:46 PM

I'd like to convert the tramp on my '05 Wave to the lace-up Club style. My hulls have tracks on them to receive the tramp tension slides. Will a Club-style tramp fit into those tracks, or is there more work necessary to accomplish the change-over?
Posted By: Barry_Steel

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 09/23/05 02:05 PM

I did this about a year ago (very happy with the lace up tramp). The tracks are the same. I had to move 2 of the "U" connectors from the rear track and rivet them to the bottom of the rear crossbar. No more to it than that.

I miss the drink holders...

barry
Posted By: mmiller

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 09/23/05 05:39 PM

I'd like to convert the tramp on my '05 Wave to the lace-up Club style. My hulls have tracks on them to receive the tramp tension slides. Will a Club-style tramp fit into those tracks, or is there more work necessary to accomplish the change-over?

No problem on the newer boats that have the tracks installed. They can be set up either way. Older Waves with the bolted-on hooks are a different story.

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 09/24/05 12:43 AM

Thanks, gentlemen. This was exactly the info I needed.
Posted By: stags209

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 12/16/05 07:59 PM

Whats the advantage of having a lace up tramp compared to the 1 piece.

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 12/17/05 06:14 PM

The classic tramp is very soft, and I was unable to make it stay tight enough to keep the hulls tight on the crossbars through an afternoons sailing. I just finished replacing it with a black mesh lace-up tramp, and even before tightening the laces, it was tighter than the classic. My sense is that this will increase the responsiveness of the hull, and make it feel more secure underfoot. Can't wait to try it out!

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 12/17/05 07:04 PM

Yea i noticed that too. With my clasic tramp the hull doesnt have enoguh tension to hold inself into the front crossbar. I guess im going to get the club tramp. Im still not 100% sure mine accepts it though. Its a 2005 model, with the new tiller that the main block goes in front. It looks like the front and back crossbars have it, but the sides have those hook thing with a track on top.

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 12/17/05 11:11 PM

Mine is also a 2005. It has a track on the inside of each hull, which the classic tramp cable hooks slide into. If your wave is set up like that, the lace-up tramp slides right in with no modification required. However, if you have hooks permanently afixed to the hulls with no tracks, you will have to get the tracks from Hobie and fasten them on.

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 12/18/05 10:34 PM

Yea thats what i have. So i can get the club tramp.
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 12/19/05 03:06 PM

Just a reminder that we3 sell them right here on this site. Just go to the store www.OnLineMarineStore.com and You can see the list of Tramps on the left column heading rollover.
Or just go to http://store.catsailor.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=154

Thanks,
Rick
Posted By: Scott121

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 02/12/06 02:52 AM

I have a 1995 classic wave. I would like to convert to a club tramp. Can I buy the tracks and install them myself? How are they attached? screws, rivets? Thanks for any info.
Posted By: mmiller

Re: Classic tramp conversion - 02/12/06 06:57 PM

The tracks are screwed on with a backing plate inside the hull. Not something I would try to do.

If properly laced and tensioned, the one piece tramp will hold the boat together just fine. Be sure you adjust the side cable tensioning system to get a tight fit there. The tramp is tensioned with a 3:1 pully setup under the tramp at the rear. This pulls the tramp aft and out at the rear when you pull on the sheet system to get the forward ring hooked. Pull the rear velcro straps tight last. The rig also holds it tight. Keep the wires snug.

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums