I clicked on the banner ad of Speedtech to have a look at their speedos... I'm curious if you guys use them and how they're mounted. Do you just use one readout? I would have thought that each hull would need a sender (we all sail on one hull, right?) and the readout mounted on the opposite (flying) hull to be able to read it... is that how it is done? Seems like their leads were a bit short and would have required the sender and readout to be on the same hull. My singlehander cat has a mainsail only, but it has a boom that I was thinking about using as a mount.
<br>
<br>Can a Speedtech user post what parts are needed to install a system and any feedback, positive or negative...
<br>
<br>Of course, knowing exactly how fast I'm going will not enable me to exaggerate, and what's the fun in telling someone I was going 18.74kts when i could have said: "man, it was wild, we were flying along at 26 knots..."
<br>
<br>Or should I just look for a GPS? No stinkin' class rules to keep me from using useful technology ;-)
<br>
<br>Cheers,
<br>
<br>--pat.<br><br>