A note to our forum administrators

Can we maybe clean up the head of the F16 forum a bit ?

The "new to the F16 forum ? Read this !" posting should be all the way at the top.

The "Meet our forum moderators" post should remain a "pinned post" but be positioned below the 'New to ..." posting. Also the replies to the "meet the moderators" posting can be deleted thus cleaning up the look even more.

Then I would like to propose locking both post so no-one can post replies to them and fuzz-up the head of our forum by accident or intent.

Also can we give the "2008 Global Challenge Website" thread a location below the two (more important) pinned postings that are discussed above. My personal opinion is to let this particular thread float (make unpinned). As the discussion in it is pretty stagnant and replies to it are made that don't really deal with the event itself anymore. If indeed the announcement itself is important then make a single pinned and locked posting out of it. Currently readers have to scroll down to read the new postings which is not something that is smart PR wise.

Personally I would also like to propose a policy where "pinned" post are short, to the point and don't degrade into lengthy threads messing up the top of our F16 forum. The latter could indeed be forced by locking the posts before replies to it are made. Any reactions to the announcement can still be made by starting a new thread that "floats".

Can these points please be considered by our moderators c.q. class members ?

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands