This idea may not seem to bright to those of you who're lucky enough to let your boat live pre-rigged on a beach, but there are a number of us that keep the boat on the trailer in the backyard, and need to do the setup/breakdown dance every time we go sailing. I'm constantly looking for new little tricks to save time during these evolutions so I can spend more time on the water, and most "tricks" primarily involve ways to trailer the boat as close to "fully-rigged" as possible. here's one I'm playing with at the moment:
<br>
<br>I'm considering the idea of leaving the jib furled around the headstay when trailering (snorkle-covered or whatever, of course). this saves the time of hoisting and lowering the jib, and dealing with pre-loading the furling drum every time. I figure that I'll leave the furler connected to the headstay and bridle, and breakdown the boat by disconnecting the bridle ends from the bows. I just need to rig a way for the EZstep to clamp onto the triangular bridle plate thingy.
<br>
<br>Has anyone out there had any experience with this? <br><br>

Attached Files
143- (38 downloads)