Well folks it's a labour of love isn't it...
I was always happy with the Nacra 6 way of moving through the water and it's aggressive turn of speed. Happy enough to pause before buying a used Inter 20 at least or one of a number of $10,000 or so Marstrom Tornado's that are turning up (wrong end of the country thus far) so using my existing 1996 platform that had sat parked for a good few years in a warehouse I have embarked on a rebuilding program:
Step 1.
All new and absolutely gorgeous sails from Calverts-Thanks Ric and Dave thy are fantastic.
All new standing and running rigging
All new pole and fittings
Various new blocks and lines
New tramp
Race fairing the foils
Various sundries
Uh oh small dent in mast below hounds equals all new mast.
Well good thing I sold all of the motorcycles to get back into this.
It is amazing how it adds up.
Notwithstanding the efficient beauty of some of these new planing hulls I still like the Nacra 6.0 even if most folks seem to have moved on.
For used Inter buy in money I am going to have a lot of fun when we splash it in Galveston this weekend. My 10 and 9 year old lads have new Magic Marine harnesses and we are going to roar around a bit without the chute until the new stick gets to Stix n Rign. There do not seem to be many active on the internet who are followers of this vintage class and most appear to be semi abandoned. Such a shame. From memories of back to back trials a few years back my earlier 6 spanked the Inter on some points of sail.
Has anyone tried those 11 ft beams on it from the (18 sq?). There is no active class so might as well go all out.
Are there any surviving carbo sticks out there?
Hope this email surfaces a few 6ers

Vintage Nacra Nutters Unite!
Stokes Bay Dreaming....