This review is courtesy to other racers. New sail designs are rare. Most "new sails" are mods of existing designs. This sail is a new from scratch design design and was specifically designed for a Wave. The last new design for the Wave that I know of is the Calvert.

My new sails from Banks Sails Houston were raced, for the fist time, in Light air, and at least in light air, they are killers.

I was skeptical of the battens, batten tension and the clew plate. The clew plate, instead of a middle hole had a hole just above and just below the middle. The battens were the wide thin ones used on small keel boats and they did not look stiff enough. The batten tension system is a fold over tie arrangement, that looked hard to use. When I put the sail up it turned into a slick wing. The battens held the shape and were easy to flip over. The batten tie system was smooth, with nothing hanging. Switching between the 2 middle holes in the clew plate made a difference.

The race was in the 0-5 range. I won my class. I can't say it was all the sail. Last night was an old racer night. At least 3 classes were won by old cat sailors. But, after start I was pulling ahead of boats I normally just keep of up with.