Originally Posted by northsea junkie
Hi Jake,

Thanks for your response about the seadrogue.

I was hoping that somebody would give the practical solution for a beach cat. And you did.

My problem was the retreival of the drogue after being uprighted. Your solution is a line via the forestay bridle through which I can lift the drogue out of the water again. ( my cat is 15 ft and I cannot reach that much forward because of shortage on volume)

Ronald,

Sorry - I haven't been on here in a while. I've never had to - but you could just haul the sock up to the bridle where it's connected, sail forward, and ease it back to you in the water - or, if you can clip the carabiner to the bridle so that it stays centered under the forestay, you can probably just haul it up to the forestay where it is mostly out of the water, tie it off, and sail back to shore that way.

Mine is the smaller 24" and I only tested it once - but it seemed to do just fine.

I shared this a few years ago with a guy sailing a supercat tall rig and this system reportedly got him out of a real pickle. It's lightweight and doesn't cost much. It's good to have if you are sailing where help might be far away.

Last edited by Jake; 05/12/17 05:59 PM.

Jake Kohl