I don't have the time or desire to become a rules expert on this America's Cup iteration but here is the general control system rule quoted below. They generally require "direct manual input" for all controls but there is a confusing bit that does allow "internally generated timing signals initiated by manual input". There's an "and/or" that precedes that statement and I'm not clear if that means you can press a button to fire off a series of timed motions to, perhaps, cycle the boards up/down/in/out/fore/aft through the tack as long as that timing was initiated manually or if it all means that one button press can only move one thing but you can press a button and have that motion delayed by some period (to allow you run across the boat or something). I don't have the time or desire to read it all at the moment ;-).

The rest of it has to do with feedback systems that verify that the cntrol surface met the desired position. For instance, they cannot place a gauge on a wing flap to read back it's exact position. However, 5.3 (which I didn't include below) does allow them to place some measurement/feedback devices on the daggerboard rake and have that display the position of the daggerboard.

Originally Posted by AC Rules V1.9

Control Systems in General

(a) Except as provided in Rule 15.2(c) and 15.3, systems and devices used to adjust the
control surfaces may only use direct manual input and/ or an internally generated
timing signal initiated by manual input. Any input or feedback used by the control
systems to adjust the control surfaces is not permitted unless specifically allowed by the
AC Class Rule.

(b) Except as provided in Rule 15.2(c) and 15.3, control systems used to adjust control
surfaces shall not use positional information of the control surface or any part of the
control system, whether that positional information is measured, inferred or indicated by
any method, including electronic counting, indexing or pulsing (e.g. stepper motors and
indexing actuators are not permitted).

(c) A system controlling a hydraulic valve or drive clutch may use feedback from the internal
state of that valve or drive clutch (e.g. to drive a cam or spool to a target position),
providing that the feedback provides no information or indication as to the state of the
control system outside that valve, drive clutch, or drive clutch actuator.

Jake Kohl