We have been playing with the mast to get a wider range in which the boat is quick. The basic issue is that the mast is very stiff and we have limited luff curve to play with so we have tried running with a slightly softer diamond setting and also with less spreader rake, both resulted in improved performance in certain conditions but reduced in others. It has been hard finding a happy medium but I think we are getting closer. When the boat is in the groove it is very quick it just takes a bit to get it there. I guess it's to be expected with such a new thing.

The sails are still very nice, super smooth and easy to trim. hard to say how they are lasting as we have only really sailed the boat half a dozen times. Interestingly I did the Sydney 38 state titles on the weekend just gone, I have all Maxx sails on the boat now (used to have jibs only but just took delivery of a new Maxx mainsail) and we had heaps of boatspeed (we won the regatta) The amazing thing is that all the other boats had new jibs and ours were exactly one year old! from that I would think that the Taipan sails will last very well.