Pete, I would find something enjoyable to do that brings your heartrate up for 60-90 minutes three times a week. If you 'pump out' sailing your Blade when you get it, you will probably want to switch one of these sessions over to weight/strength training for the muscle groups who need it.
The regime Jake suggests and lives under is very impressive! I dont have time for that in the mornings however, and dont think I would enjoy it either.. The key for me is to do something enjoyable. I remember you saying something about your southern Florida climate making cycling a hot affair, so how about swimming?

It's really not all that time consuming. I just get up an hour earlier than usual which leaves me time for the gym, a shower there, and a stop by the grocery store on the way into work every few days. I keep a small refrigerator under my desk at work and stock it with low-fat yogurt, cottage cheese (mixed together makes one quick and easy meal), pouch packed salmon, fruits, veggies, substitute eggs in small peel-lid containers, wholewheat bagles, etc. I stay away from soda and sweet tea (I am in the south afterall). Bonnie will make up large batches of tuna casserole (ala "eating for life" recipes) and the like. With a microwave in my office, the biggest pain I have to bare is listening to my cohorts gripe about the smell of the egg substitue (they taste just like egg but they are rather odiferous) and that they can't believe how much I eat.

Jake Kohl