Hi all,
It was a great race. I only wish we had more catamarans participate.
Results and photos (of me)attached. Below is my summary:
It started off light but steady out of the West, just as they predicted. Two hours later, around noon (just when I was rounding G15 at North Sea, just past the ferries), it was like someone turned on a switch, and now it was blowing 15 to 20 (again, just like they predicted). Still headed downwind, each jibe was a handful (by myself). I had a good lead on the other cat and both trimarans. After rounding MoA, I had to furl as I was overpowered with the jib. it was a beat all the way back (probably 18 miles rhumbline). Once I entered Little Peconic Bay (which is the longest single leg) it was like I had the brakes on - just couldn't get through the chop cleanly. With about 1/2 mile to go, the 30 foot trimaran, skippered by ex-Hobie 18 champion Tim Palmer, passed me. He was closely followed by me on the FX-1, The Partenfelder brothers on the nacra 5.5SL (who missed a mark and went back to round it) and the Corsair 28R, skippered by Larry Jones. It was a blast! You better be there next year!!

Attached Files