09/25/02 12:33 PM
MI
sail6000 Offline OP
old hand
sail6000  Offline OP
old hand

MI

Events in 03 ,

-Planning to be part of numerous events in 03 along with other Formula classes , some may be promoted as Formula events .

The Tradewinds at Rick's in Jan 03 is scheduled to be the first .

Hopefully the Tybee Island Formula 500 will be a go , though no official word or date set yet .Sent info and voluntered to assist with check in and rules for the event once set .

Planning on racing the Worrell 1000 race again ,in 03 it is going to be on the Jav 2 -HT F -18 -but like many would like to see it return to a 20 foot platform, and hopefully Formula 20 in the near future.

KEY would be to have a number of builders commit to having 3 or 5 charter boats available from each for this or other major distance racing events where teams may be traveling in from overseas , across N A , or from monohull and other classes .

-Also planning the Mi distance race again .with lots of help , A -race up the coast of Lk Michigan , coinsiding with the C F 3 REGATTA and CHARLIVOIX RACE EVENTS -in Aug 03 -

a week + of bouys and distance racing !! .

If any have events planned or concepts and ideas for others please contact and or post the proposed locations and dates with basic info .

Thanks much

Carl

--Advertisement--
Re: prelim. info on the Tybee 500 [Re: sail6000] #10993
10/04/02 09:33 AM
10/04/02 09:33 AM
MI
sail6000 Offline OP
old hand
sail6000  Offline OP
old hand

MI
recieved this Fri -morning and thought I,d pass it along for cat sailors interested in racing in it .

hopefully there will be Formula Classes with F - 20 -

This letter goes out to those of you that have been waiting for the dates to be officially announced for the The Tybee 500 race from Islamorada,Fl. to Tybee Island, Ga. in the spring of 2003.

May 12 thru May 17, 2003. The start will be on Monday and finish on Saturday!

Thanks to Dave Calvert, at Calvert Sails, he was able to secure permission from the owner of the beach area in Islamorada to allow the start of the Tybee 500 from there. This should help make things needed for information and other checkpoints come into order.

The checkpoints we are now working on are as follows:

Monday May 12, 2003 (Start)

Islamorada, Fl to Hollywood, Fl (checkpoint to be announced)

Tuesday May 13, 2003

Hollywood to Ft. Pierce, Fl (to be announced)

Wednesday May 14, 2003

Ft. Pierce to Melbourne-Cocoa Beach, Fl Area (TBA)

Thursday May 15, 2003

Mel/cocoa to Daytona/Ormond Beach Area (TBA)

Friday May 16, 2003

Day/Ormond to Jacksonville-Fernandina Beach Area (TBA)

Saturday May 17, 2003

Jaxs/Fern to Tybee Island, Ga. (Finish)

I have been in contact with some people in most of these checkpoint areas that are working with me to look at places that may work with us with such things as cost of rooms and meals ect, ect. I'm working towards finding host for these areas also.

A lot of you and others also contacted me with offers to help with information and suggestions. Thank You and please continue to do so! These are some of the details of this race I've been addressing.

Thanks to Sean Ferrell in the Miami area, that is on board with us, has been working on rules/ regs, and what boat classes will be allowed. Rick Bliss, a lot of you know has come aboard and offering advise, along with some of the other duties.

There is more to do and now that we can move some things along more information, will be on the Tybee 500 web site SOON!

There are others I'm needing to contact and wanted to get some of this information out to those of you asking. Please past this out feel free to contact me.

Tybee 500

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 503 guests, and 95 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022