Good news! the subscription feature on LI Catsailing forum now seems to work!

This means that if you register on this forum, you can choose to recieve a daily email of any new posts to this (LI Catsailing) forum.

Here's how to do it:

First you must register, which simply means providing a valid email adress and making up a name for yourself to use on the board. Registration is free, and Rick 'n Mary don't abuse your privacy in any way I've ever heard, so don't be shy.

After you register, come back here.

On this page you are reading now, look just above the words in big dark type, "Subscription feature seems to be working!" Over towards the right, you should see a link for "Index" click it and scroll to the bottom of that page, you'll see a link,
[color:"blue"] Subscribe/Unsubscribe to Board [/color] Click it once, and you'll be done. Only click it once, it's an on-off switch)

If you don't see such a link, you're either not registered or not logged in.

You can check what you're subscribed to and change it on the My Home link at the top of most pages on this board.

Meanwhile,

I think we should consider meeting soon to do all the things which were suggested for the last one, plus:

1. Discuss survey results
2. Resolve to pursue or not pursue club status as managing agency for storage facility, a la SHBCC. The alternative is to let the state turn it into a "parking rental" when we can hope to build a "sailing center" (Note: such pursuit is not proposed to be done in a fashion which in any way risks the facility's creation - our standard line to Joe is "We'll work within any framework you stipulate, and cheerfully! Here's why we recommend the following, as the long term financial upside for the park is considerable.")

3. Knock around the idea of some winter events, like ski trip, tuning seminar, swap meet, Holiday party for the Club Members and families, Family sledding expedition, etc. etc.

4. anything else you can think of to build community.

Sail Fast, Ed Norris