06/16/01 05:15 AM
06/16/01 05:15 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi, is anybody else out there? Rick is out of town getting this new web site interface done and I thought I would be really daring and see if I could figure out how to work this new forum all by myself.
<br>
<br>

Attached Files
16- (40 downloads)
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Just trying this out. #16
06/16/01 03:41 PM
06/16/01 03:41 PM
Gscace Offline
stranger
Gscace  Offline
stranger

Seems to work fine. I'll prolly post to this forum and blow off the other one if possible. Can I suggest that one way to clean up the forums is to just eliminate the old forum and force people to register for the new one? The old forum did not make cat sailors look good.
<br>
<br>-Greg<br><br>

Attached Files
27- (41 downloads)
Re: Just trying this out. [Re: Gscace] #17
06/16/01 05:01 PM
06/16/01 05:01 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I'm sure we will probably have to eliminate the old forum in order to get people to use the new one. Otherwise, the majority will probably choose the old one, just like they did before. But we just got this one up yesterday and Rick won't be back home until Monday, so he hasn't even seen it from this end yet. We have to make sure everything is working well with the new one before eliminating the old one. Plus, there is a lot of good information on the old one that probably should be saved for a while. I don't know what Rick has planned. Meanwhile, you can use the old forum to encourage people to start patronizing the new one -- and tell them how to find it. It's sort of like a business moving down the street.<br><br>

Re: Just trying this out. #18
06/17/01 08:29 PM
06/17/01 08:29 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Suggestion:
<br>
<br>How about making this forum the default one -- So when you go to www.catsailor.com and hit the upper, left-hand corner, this is the forum that you come to. (Perhaps after notification of the switch on the old forum -- e.g., Beginning July 1, 2001, ...etc.)
<br>
<br>The economic law of supply-and-demand suggests that, by decreasing the "price" (the "cost"/difficulty of accessing the forum), more people will use it.
<br>
<br>On a related subject, let me take this opportunity to thank you and Rick for all your contributions to the forum and cat sailing. We appreciate it.
<br>
<br><br><br>

Attached Files
48- (41 downloads)
Amazing. #19
06/18/01 06:33 AM
06/18/01 06:33 AM
Sailortect Offline
journeyman
Sailortect  Offline
journeyman

Mary and Rick,
<br>
<br>With all that you do for this sport... RC work, PR work, seminars, the magazine, the website, et cetera, I sincerely hope that you do find lots of time in your lives to Just Go Sailing. You've certainly made it more enjoyable when the rest of us do!
<br>
<br>If I were to say "thank you" for every smile I've had on the boat because of something I learned from your endeavors, you'd be reading for a week. Save the time, hit the water.
<br>
<br>Thank You<br><br>

Attached Files
54- (41 downloads)
Re: Just trying this out. #20
06/18/01 07:08 AM
06/18/01 07:08 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Mary,
<br> This section of the forum is listed under NAMSA on the Catsailor home page. If this was corrected to say "Open forum" as it is listed in the index it would be easier for others to find.
<br>Jeff Bowers
<br>Mystere 6.0XL #309<br><br>

Re: Just trying this out. #21
06/18/01 02:58 PM
06/18/01 02:58 PM
Ohio
Jamie Diamond Offline
Jamie Diamond  Offline

Ohio
I find it disappointing that this new forum discourages anonymous posting.<br><br>

Attached Files
80- (47 downloads)
Re: Just trying this out. #22
06/18/01 03:51 PM
06/18/01 03:51 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi Jeff,
<br>It will be! Just got back in town and there are a number of things like that in need of cleaning up. We were just happy that most of the site is running fine the first time we went "live" with it.
<br>Rick<br><br>

Attached Files
81- (41 downloads)
Re: Just trying this out. [Re: Jamie Diamond] #23
06/18/01 04:03 PM
06/18/01 04:03 PM
Sailortect Offline
journeyman
Sailortect  Offline
journeyman

Are you joking? I suppose there could be the downside in terms of opening your doors to some potential junkmail, but I think that stuff's easy enough to filter.
<br>
<br>IMHO, this new format arrived not a minute too soon! that other forum was getting just plain UGLY with attitude! I'm no statistician, but a quick scroll of the other forum looks like the "Attitude" postings easily outnumbered the "Discussion" postings over the last few weeks, and I cannot imagine the upside to that.
<br>
<br>Is there a genuine need for a forum that sponsors the personal assaults we all saw last week? I suggest that comments of that type be reserved for the AOL chatrooms.<br><br>

Attached Files
83- (40 downloads)

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 426 guests, and 84 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022