Just received the following:

Hi John,

I'm just doing some planning on the Grafham Cat Open.

I'm just mailing a few of the fleets to get input and to make sure that they promote the Cat Open in the fleet.

Last year we made a few changes to improve the running of the event. We made the event pre-entry only to enable us to enter the competitors properly in Sailwave and it also enabled us to allocate separate stick on sail letters to those with duplicate sailnumbers. These changes meant that at the end on the event the results were available accurately and quickly.

In addition we experimented with a course modification to reduce incidents near the leeward gate, which was generally well received.

This year we propose to do pretty much the same, I hope that you concurr with this.

On the Saturday evening we are sounding out the fleets to see what they prefer to do. Last year, as you know we had the meal served upstairs and showed sailing dvds. Showing the dvds gives people something to watch but does not stop conversation like discos and the like. Do you have any other ideas/preferences?

Anyway I would be grateful if you can promote the event in you fleet.

Regards

Bob Carter

It's not sent to me in any official capacity so I thought it best that people put their thoughts up here and one of us can respond to Bob.

I still haven't found gainful permanent employment, so it's difficult to say I'll definitely be going but I'd certainly like to take part.

John Alani