06/25/01 01:21 PM
06/25/01 01:21 PM
Florida
rquesada Offline OP
rquesada  Offline OP

Florida
Hello guys / gals:
<br>
<br>Need to hear if anyone had experience with a hull being damaged by the upper bolt of the chain plate that secures the shroud (to the hul). I went turtle in the middle of a storm here in Miami last saturday and when our rescuers pulled the cat upright the tension pulled this bolt out and consequently the hull broke (in this section) and came out a bit.
<br>Want to know if anyone went through a similar experience and how your fiberglass shop repaired it.
<br>
<br>ALSO: the forward part of the tramp came out of its guide (about a foot or so); how do I get it back in place; do I have to take the tramp out, or how is it done.
<br>
<br>Thanks for your help
<br>
<br>Rafael (Ralph)<br><br>

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: H-20 - damaged base chainplate / hull for SBoard [Re: rquesada] #227
06/26/01 03:46 PM
06/26/01 03:46 PM
St. Louis, MO,
Mike Hill Offline
old hand
Mike Hill  Offline
old hand

St. Louis, MO,
Hey Ralph,
<br>
<br>Sorry to hear about your bad luck on your chainplate. The repair is a tough one. I would go to a reputable fibreglass shop and get an estimate. It won't be cheap is my guess fibreglass work never is. Possibly you can get your insurance to cover the damage. Try to get some references from other catsailors in your area. Onsgard, Phillips, even Rick White would be a good source for recommendations in your area.
<br>
<br>On the tramp you need to unlace the tramp in the back and pull it out toward the front crossbeam. Look at the track and determine if it has been pulled apart. You might need to take a rubber mallet to the tramp track to hammer it back together. After you get the track looking normal again feed the tramp back in a re-lace. This should be a pretty easy operation.
<br>
<br>Mike Hill
<br>H20 #791
<br><br><br>

Mike Hill
N20 #1005

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 244 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022