07/28/03 09:08 AM
07/28/03 09:08 AM
Just south of Titusville, Fl.
Bob_Cowgill Offline OP
stranger
Bob_Cowgill  Offline OP
stranger

Just south of Titusville, Fl.
I just bought a Wave and a trailer, and have the backrests coming (hopefully) this week.
I'm trying to locate some better places to launch from and sail than what we've already tried.
Being a newbie sailor, maneuvering without auxiliary power in and out of traditional power boat launch ramps has proven "interesting"!I'm considering clamping an electric trolling motor on the rear cross member for this purpose.
Also, sailing in the Indian River from PSJ north a bit (shallow, DIRTY!)is not all that appealing.
We launched from the ramp just north of the Pineda Causeway
(by Performance Sail) Saturday. and the conditions there were nicer.
Don't have beach wheels as yet, so I'd like to get some ideas on trailer-compatible launch points and scenic sailing areas on the Indian and Banana rivers.
Thanks!
Bob Cowgill
Cocoa, Florida
e-mail: rcowgill@cfl.rr.com

Last edited by Bob_Cowgill; 07/28/03 09:16 AM.
--Advertisement--
Re: best Space Coast launching/sailing areas [Re: Bob_Cowgill] #22629
04/21/04 09:47 PM
04/21/04 09:47 PM
Titusville, Florida
Gus Offline
Gus  Offline

Titusville, Florida
Bob,

I've been in the same boat! (no pun intended). My name is Gus, and I live in Titusville with a 2003 Wave. We have a perfect place to launch here. Its on the road out to Playalinda Beach, which is a continuation of Garden Street. I think it might be SR406. Cross over the swing bridge, just past Sand Point Park, and launch on the North side of the road. Normally it is where you'll see Wind and Kite Surfers. The beachfront there is about 300 yds long which will give you pleanty of room.

What about Kelly Park? I used to sail there, but I like to stay close to home.

Recently I have been launching out of Kennedy Point Marina (South Titusville). Its a bit tricky going through the opening in break wall, but its manageable especially if you have someone to crew with you. Tonight we sailed with the Laser class folks on our Wednesday evening outing, and had a ball. You're welcome to join us.

Happy Sailing.

gus

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 435 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022