San Francisco, CA
L
Longboardebo Offline OP
stranger
Longboardebo  Offline OP
stranger
L

San Francisco, CA
Anyone have a good diagram or site for Dagger Uphaul system? I've seen a couple of good ideas for routing the lines and blocks, but was curious if there were some other variations out there?
1) I'll be upgrading my rigging with hardpoints and was curious as to height about deck
2) Attachment method to boards
3) Block attachments and bungee routing to take up slack
4) Any other good ideas...

Last edited by Longboardebo; 09/29/15 11:17 PM.

2013 NACRA F18 Infusion Mk II
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Dagger Board Uphaul Systems - F18 [Re: Longboardebo] #280724
10/06/15 09:24 AM
10/06/15 09:24 AM
J
JACKFLASH Offline
enthusiast
JACKFLASH  Offline
enthusiast
J

We just use the webbing from the board method that is so populat these days. Both boards are attached to one string which we route under the hiking straps. Of course that doesn't take the board clear of the bottom of the hull but at a rounding it lets you get it where you want it. We also have a hook on each shroud secured with a truckers hitch that the board handle can be placed into to hold the board clear of the bottom of the trunk for launching and beaching. There is no feeling like flying into the beach with kite up and to look over and see a board has slid a foot down.

Collin Casey
Infusion Platform + C2 rig and rags = one fast cookie
Re: Dagger Board Uphaul Systems - F18 [Re: JACKFLASH] #280770
10/11/15 12:15 PM
10/11/15 12:15 PM
San Francisco, CA
L
Longboardebo Offline OP
stranger
Longboardebo  Offline OP
stranger
L

San Francisco, CA
What are you using on the hull to.prevent rub rash? Also where do have the handle placement for the pull-up?

2013 NACRA F18 Infusion Mk II
Re: Dagger Board Uphaul Systems - F18 [Re: Longboardebo] #280775
10/12/15 10:11 AM
10/12/15 10:11 AM
J
JACKFLASH Offline
enthusiast
JACKFLASH  Offline
enthusiast
J

The handle is a simple rope loop tied to the tops of each board which was standard on both my C2 and Infusion boards. The top of the dagger well is covered in carpet on the C2. I can see some wear from the up haul but it is pretty minor and I don't think it is an issue. One thing I have learned is to keep the boards well polished so they will slide up with little effort after you round the mark. I personally like hullkote but I hear a lot people use Pledge, as in wood polish in a spray can. I heard some people use Pam, the cooking spray but I would think that would be messy and would find its way onto everything.

Collin Casey
Infusion Platform + C2 rig and rags = one fast cookie
Re: Dagger Board Uphaul Systems - F18 [Re: Longboardebo] #282633
05/17/16 11:30 AM
05/17/16 11:30 AM
Solomon's Island, MD
S
samc99us Offline
old hand
samc99us  Offline
old hand
S

Solomon's Island, MD
Old thread but I'm looking at options for my ride. The C2 system is good but not wire adjustable if distance racing.

I'm currently planning a double system for the Infusion Mk.2. Hardpoint on the shroud, basically as high as you can reach, attach a 29mm harken carbo block to this. Make a tie-off point at the bottom of the block (looking into various options, but larks head knots are pretty decent). The upfucker comes from the upwind side of the boat, to a block at the base of the upwind shroud or tramp, depending on angle, then through a ronstan shock block (to which a bungee takeup system is attached), to a block at the base of the leeward shroud, to the block at the shroud hardpoint, down to a block attached to the standard pull up line on the daggerboard, then to the tie off point (think becket) at the bottom of the upper shroud block. Repeat for the other side, thinking of making this a continuous system.

Curious what others have done? My last boat copied the Tripp Burd solution, which worked okay but not when the board was loaded and not if you have a less rockstar helm/crew combination that lacked the physical strength. Hence the 2:1 purchase setup I'm thinking on the new one.

Phantom has an elegant solution but it requires through bolting on the deck. Not sure what others are doing (Cirrus tends to have nice rigging, been a long time since I've looked at one though, too long). Typically I build a complex system then simplify it, but this takes time. Unfortunately the simplest solution in this case requires drilling holes in daggerboards.

Scorpion F18

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 499 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022