11/23/16 09:57 AM
V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb

If I sold my house now I'd see a profit versus what I bought it for, but to buy an identical house (size, location, age, etc) I would have to pay more than the sale of my current one. So my net result might be negative if I chose to sell and buy something else.

Which was my thought regarding considering your primary residence an "investment". If I had other parcels, of course I'd consider those investments since I can sell them and still retain a roof over my head.

Yes, I consider my primary residence as an investment as well... with every purchase, I have always gone a little over my head in down market... For what I have purchased my current home for and what I could sell it for is... well.... With this house, they're carrying me out feet first.. I am done buying, rehabbing, and moving...

By the way it is not a profit or revenue... it is a capital gain... it has to do with how the IRS considers the income and taxes it... Unless of course your in the "house flipping business."

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284029
11/23/16 01:14 PM
11/23/16 01:14 PM
42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Todd_Sails Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Todd_Sails  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Hey, take this real estate/investment garbage to a new thread!! LOL

F-18 Infusion
#626- SOLD it!

'Long Live the Legend of Chris Kyle'
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Ventucky Red] #284030
11/23/16 02:13 PM
11/23/16 02:13 PM
“an island in the Pacifi...
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted by Ventucky Red
what does the tell you about the schools in The Peoples Republic of California.

Why do you stay? There's lots of red states where you'd fit right in. Call Bekins today!

US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284032
11/23/16 03:19 PM
11/23/16 03:19 PM
Columbia South Carolina, USA
dave mosley Offline
veteran
dave mosley  Offline
veteran

This is the saddest post I have ever seen on this forum, people insulting each others wives and families, spreading lies, inciting violence, pretty despicable stuff.
Can we not go back to insulting people about their crappy mark roundings and fouls at the starts and leave this political stuff for people on other forums?
I mean come on, let's at least support each other, sailing, and this forum.
Is this what we want new cat sailors to see when we say " hey there is this great forum on catsailor.com , everyone is super friendly and super helpful, stay away from sailing anarchy.com, those guys are a bunch of A-holes".

Understand my point?
Time to drop this from Ricks site.

The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?" Matthew 8:27

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: dave mosley] #284035
11/23/16 08:16 PM
11/23/16 08:16 PM
V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Originally Posted by dave mosley

...,stay away from sailing anarchy.com, those guys are a bunch of A-holes".

Hi Dave,

Like many other things in life there is a choice and you don't have to click on the thread... Experience being the teacher here, the Drill Baby Drill thread should have taught you that lesson... As a fiend of mine once said, "religion, politics, and the queen are not to be discussed at the supper table." This and previous threads are a prime example of this philosophy.

Though I do agree with you on the fact family should be left out of, there are a few that use this style in conversation to get a reaction… For them it is their only form of communication and for this we have the ignore feature... sort of like the Safe Place from micro aggression's... except we don't have play doh, psychologist, pillows, soothing music and an understanding, sympathetic staff. We just don’t have to deal with their shite and can continue a discussion with those that want to act like adults.

Lastly, regarding Sailing Anarchy... from that forum I have made some great friends both in the US and abroad.... AAMOF got a chance to go sailing in Germany a few years back along with some great recommendations for travel,and have a standing invitation for the same in France, Finland, and Amsterdam. I have received some great information on "how tos'" on topics outside of sailing… Along with some great travel, cooking, etc… tips.. There is a pretty good brain trust over there you may want to tap into it.. Saying there all a bunch of assholes is like saying all liberals are idiots… or all conservative morons.. not true… but I will acquiesce that the Pareto principle does come into play….

Have a great Thanksgiving and I hope you can get on the water... we are!!!!

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 11/23/16 08:18 PM.
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284036
11/23/16 09:48 PM
11/23/16 09:48 PM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
I'm pretty sure we've covered everything cat sailing related. Virtually every topic has been beaten to death.

A home is a mediocre investment at best. Even with bonkers inflation and very low interest rates, you aren't going to make double digit numbers. That's excluding weird factors. I probably could've made 15% per year on a house that I bought, when things bottomed out, and sold four years later, but that's extenuating circumstances. An anomaly.

Most people are terrible with money. Home ownership is the only shot they have to building any wealth at all.

Rental property is a whole different story, though given the choice I would go commercial over residential, but the entry cost is higher. Generally renters are the people who can't get their **** together to buy a home, and the laws are much more favorable as the owner in commercial space. With a well written lease agreement, you're in control.

I'm boatless.
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Karl_Brogger] #284037
11/24/16 10:32 AM
11/24/16 10:32 AM
V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
With a well written lease agreement, you're in control.

In a few states the tenants have more rights than the landlord..

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284038
11/24/16 11:44 AM
11/24/16 11:44 AM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
That's certainly true for residential, commercial though the laws are more on your side

I'm boatless.
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284039
11/24/16 12:16 PM
11/24/16 12:16 PM
42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Todd_Sails Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Todd_Sails  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Well Dave,
To you and your family, and others reading this thread,
Happy Turkey Day, Good Mark roundings, and have fun.

F-18 Infusion
#626- SOLD it!

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284047
11/28/16 04:57 PM
11/28/16 04:57 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The Associated Press defines 'alt-right.'

“Alt-right” (quotation marks, hyphen and lower case) may be used in quotes or modified as in the “self-described” or “so-called alt-right” in stories discussing what the movement says about itself.

Avoid using the term generically and without definition, however, because it is not well known and the term may exist primarily as a public-relations device to make its supporters’ actual beliefs less clear and more acceptable to a broader audience. In the past we have called such beliefs racist, neo-Nazi or white supremacist.

[b]Writing about the ‘alt-right’[/b]

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #284052
11/29/16 12:44 PM
11/29/16 12:44 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

O'Reilly says don't worry about Todd and Schwantz.

Bill O’Reilly: Don’t worry about white nationalist...

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #284053
11/29/16 05:51 PM
11/29/16 05:51 PM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
Originally Posted by hobie1616
The Associated Press defines 'alt-right.'

“Alt-right” (quotation marks, hyphen and lower case) may be used in quotes or modified as in the “self-described” or “so-called alt-right” in stories discussing what the movement says about itself.

Avoid using the term generically and without definition, however, because it is not well known and the term may exist primarily as a public-relations device to make its supporters’ actual beliefs less clear and more acceptable to a broader audience. In the past we have called such beliefs racist, neo-Nazi or white supremacist.

[b]Writing about the ‘alt-right’[/b]

That's not very accepting of the Associated Press. White Supremacists are people with feelings too ya' know. Would it be better if they conducted their meetings in a safe space or wore a safety pin for you?

I'm boatless.
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Karl_Brogger] #284054
11/30/16 08:56 AM
11/30/16 08:56 AM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
Would it be better if they conducted their meetings in a safe space or wore a safety pin for you?

Nah, just post all this drivel on the internet since that ALWAYS changes people's opinions smile

Cuz I believe everything I read...

Jay

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Karl_Brogger] #284055
11/30/16 09:42 AM
11/30/16 09:42 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

That's not very accepting of the Associated Press. White Supremacists are people with feelings too ya' know. Would it be better if they conducted their meetings in a safe space or wore a safety pin for you?

There is no doubt that you have feelings Carl.

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #284056
11/30/16 12:42 PM
11/30/16 12:42 PM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
Originally Posted by hobie1616

There is no doubt that you have feelings Carl.

They're in there somewhere. Buried under layers of booze, exhaustion, and sawdust. wink

I'm boatless.
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: waterbug_wpb] #284059
12/01/16 10:32 AM
12/01/16 10:32 AM
Panama City, Florida
Redtwin Offline
addict
Redtwin  Offline
addict

Panama City, Florida
Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb

Don't fret... It's almost as bad here in FL. I got two in private school which means I won't be buying a foiler for another 12 years. And that's IF they get scholarships (they aren't minority or otherwise disadvantaged kids).

All for the hope that they will be able to afford a nice old-folk home to put me in when I'm decrepit. Otherwise it will likey be that trailer park that smells like pee.

Ditto. Two in private school and a third that will start next year. No boats in my near future.

Edit: Oops, I guess I have been away from the forum for too long. I replied before I finished reading the thread.

Last edited by Redtwin; 12/01/16 10:39 AM.

Rob V. Nacra 5.2 Panama City
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284086
12/07/16 10:00 AM
12/07/16 10:00 AM
42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Todd_Sails Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Todd_Sails  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
I was listening to Sheriff David Clark on the drive to work this morning, he's guest hosting a morning show.
Yep- one of the few Democrats I'll vote for, as I live in his county.
So, now I'm also llistening atr work on I heart radio! You should listen to him, now on 1130 AM readio- Milwaukee, or listen to the posd casts.
Sharp guy- When he talks, I listen.

F-18 Infusion
#626- SOLD it!

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284087
12/07/16 11:06 AM
12/07/16 11:06 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted by Todd_Sails
I was listening to Sheriff David Clark on the drive to work this morning, he's guest hosting a morning show.
Yep- one of the few Democrats I'll vote for, as I live in his county.
So, now I'm also llistening atr work on I heart radio! You should listen to him, now on 1130 AM readio- Milwaukee, or listen to the posd casts.
Sharp guy- When he talks, I listen.

Of course you'd listen to him Todd.

Clarke has proposed that about 1 million people should be sent to Guantanamo Bay if they use”jihadi rhetoric” online.

He has referred to the Black Lives Matter movement as “Black Lies Matter.”

Clarke doesn’t believe police brutality is a problem and rails about the “war on police.”

He favors riots to aid Donald Trump but is anti-protest when people are against him.

Terrill Thomas, 38, was found dead in a Milwaukee County Jail cell on April 24, nine days after being arrested in connection with a shooting. Other inmates heard Thomas beg for water in the days before he died, the Journal Sentinel reported in July. Fellow inmates told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel corrections officers shut off the water in Thomas’ cell for the six days before his April 24 death. The jail officers refused the inmates’ warnings that Thomas was sick and in dire need of drinking water, the inmates said.

Yet another person has died at the Milwaukee County Jail, the facility overseen by Sheriff David Clarke, an avid Donald Trump supporter. This time, it was a newborn baby.

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, a former inmate at the facility claims that a guard laughed off her request for medical attention as she went into labor in her jail cell in July. Thirty-year-old Shadé Swayzer has since filed a notice of claim against the jail alleging that the facility’s staff is responsible for her child’s death, her attorney said Wednesday. Swayzer, who was about nine months pregnant at the time of the incident, is seeking $8.5 million in damages.

He's your kinda guy Todd. Just don't get thrown into his jail.

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #284088
12/07/16 11:10 AM
12/07/16 11:10 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Garrison Keillor checks in.

It’s a wonderful satire right out of Twain or Thurber. A minority of the electorate goes for the loosest and least knowledgeable candidate, certain that he will lose and their votes will be only harmless protest, a middle finger to Washington, and then — whoa. The joke comes true. You put a whoopee cushion on your father’s chair and he sits down and it barks and he has a massive coronary. You wanted to get a rise out of him and instead he falls down dead. Very funny.

Thank you, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania for this wonderful joke. Voters in high dudgeon against Wall Street manipulators and the Washington aristocracy vote for the billionaire populist who puts tycoons in power and the Republican hierarchy who owned the logjam that the voters voted against. If Billy the Kid had been smart, he’d’ve run for sheriff.

And now we sit and watch in disbelief as the victor drops one piece of china after another, spits in the soup, sticks his fist through a painting and gobbles up the chocolates. Not satisfied with the usual election night victory speech, he stages a post-election victory tour and gloatfest, a series of rallies in arenas where he can waggle his thumbs and smirk and holler and point out the journalists in their pen for the mob to boo and shake their fists at. He puts the Secret Service through their paces, highways are closed, planes diverted, cities disrupted, just so the man can say how much fun it was to defeat Hillary Clinton and confound the experts.

I stood in an airport last Thursday and watched live cable news coverage of his first stop in Indiana where he toured a factory whose owner had been promised a $7 million tax break in return for not laying off 800 workers. In November, 178,000 jobs were created and unemployment fell, and here was a platoon of journalists in Indiana trailing a big galoot with a red tie who offered a corporation $7 million not to lose 800 workers. No gain, simply a non-loss. It was a classic TV moment, extensive live coverage of essentially nothing whatsoever and we all stood in a stupor and watched, like people mesmerized by drops of rain sliding down a windowpane.

Eighty thousand Trump voters in three states gave us this man, which goes to show you how much damage a few people can do. It takes 12 million to provide health care, 3 million to run the public schools, but 19 men with box cutters can turn the country upside down and empower the paranoid right and create the pretense for wars that will cost billions and kill a million people and give us a permanent army of blue uniforms yelling at us to take off our shoes and put our laptops into plastic trays.

He is a showman, and oddity has paid off for him, as it did for Lady Gaga and Gorgeous George and Liberace. But the public demands new tricks. Today, railing at the journalists who slavishly cover him is, like bear-baiting or lion-taming, entertainment enough, but by next fall he will need to pull canaries out of his ears, and by 2018 he’ll be diving on horseback from a high tower into a pool of water while playing “Malagueña” on a trumpet. Meanwhile, the Democrats wander in the woods, walking into trees. A wealthy San Francisco liberal is reelected as minority leader in the House, having flung millions into the wind and gotten skunked in 2014 and drubbed this fall, and a lackluster black Muslim congressman from Minneapolis is a leading candidate for chair of the Democratic National Committee, the person who will need to connect with disaffected workers in Youngstown and Pittsburgh. Why not a ballet dancer or a Buddhist monk?

Meanwhile, the emperor-elect parades in the nude while his congressional courtiers admire him and the nation drifts toward the rapids. The one bright spot is the old draft-dodger’s newfound fondness for generals, including the one who talked him out of the idea of torturing prisoners of war. Military experience does encourage a certain respect for reality. There is hope that if the showman should decide late one night to incinerate Iran or North Korea and get it over with, someone might say, “Hold on. Let’s think this through.”

Do you ever think things through Todd?

Last edited by hobie1616; 12/07/16 11:18 AM.

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284091
12/07/16 01:50 PM
12/07/16 01:50 PM
dave mosley Offline
veteran
dave mosley  Offline
veteran

Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Children with ODD can be manipulative and often induce discord in those around them.

Commonly they can incite parents and other family members to fight with one and other rather than focus on the child, who is the source of the problem.

Children who have ODD are often disobedient. They are easily angered and may seem to be angry much of the time.

Very young children with the disorder will throw temper tantrums that last for 30 minutes or longer, over seemingly trivial matters.

Does your child:
•Often argue with adults
•Often lose his/her temper
•Is often angry and resentful
•Is often spiteful and vindictive
•Does he/she yell that they "hate you"
•Is he/she constantly in trouble at school
•Is often touchy or easily annoyed by others
•Does your child have extreme mood swings
•Often deliberately annoys people and is rude to adults
•Often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior
•Is your he/she a little angel with others but a "monster" at home
•Does he/she constantly argue with you and always has to have the last say
•Does your child have trouble making friends and fitting in at school/pre-school
•His/her temper actively defies or refuses to comply with adults' requests or rules
•Is your child stealing, from home, school, etc. and constantly lying about where he/she obtained the items from

The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?" Matthew 8:27

Page 12 of 41 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 40 41

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 451 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022