10/29/01 04:00 PM
10/29/01 04:00 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Does anyone have any general thoughts on setting up a Wave to race. I have seen in the general forum that some have custom blades made. There are lots of guides on setting up your Laser to win for instance. Can anyone contribute some thoughts on setting up a wave to win? And while we're there, how about some tips on moving from a Laser or other one-design dinghy to a Wave?
<br>
<br>Thanks - Bob Ashford<br><br>

Attached Files
3390- (161 downloads)
--Advertisement--
Fix the loose nut on the tiller! #3336
10/30/01 08:55 AM
10/30/01 08:55 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi Bob,
<br>The big virtue of the Wave is the lack of ability to make it go faster. There is little, if anything, you can do to be faster than the other boats -- thereby you have to rely on your sailing ability.
<br>There are some basics, i.e., raking the mast back all the way, don't oversheet, try not to pinch, keep you weight farther aft than on most boats, rolltacking helps, sail straight for the mark downwind and look back for puffs, etc.
<br>In other words, most of the things you need to do are sailing related, not rigging related.
<br>The stock rudder is not as stiff as the EPO or the Race Rudder (Hobie has a stiffer rudder they sell), but I really do not think that is as big of factor as it is made out to be.
<br>Hope you make it to the Nationals and all the other national events we have planned.
<br>Good luck,
<br>Rick
<br><br><br>Rick White
<br>Catamaran Sailor Magazine
<br>email: rick@catsailor.com

Attached Files
3397- (152 downloads)
Re: Fix the loose nut on the tiller! #3337
10/30/01 09:30 AM
10/30/01 09:30 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hobie sells boats with loose nuts on the tiller? I've always kind of considered my upwind driving a little too tight anyway, so maybe between the loose nut on the tiller and my tight driving, I'll go fast. Or maybe if drink more I could tighten the tiller nut and drive a little more relaxed.
<br>
<br>Thanks for the set-up tips. Much appreciated. Sounds like you sail'm more like a dinghy downwind then a typical cat.
<br>
<br>See ya at the Nationals.
<br>-Bob Ashford<br><br>

Attached Files
3398- (151 downloads)

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 451 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022