12/05/01 01:10 PM
12/05/01 01:10 PM
Annapolis,MD
Keith Offline OP
veteran
Keith  Offline OP
veteran

Annapolis,MD
Ok, I've not been a regular on this F20 forum, but I'll throw in an idea on the crew weight issue anyway. Set the minimum weight a little high, and allow for two or three person crews. Bruisers can be two handed and make weight, lightweights can have enough weight, and extra strength through extra bodies. Maybe you'll see participation like a seasoned adult with two youth crew, or other permutations. In any case you may have overall increased participation people-wise in the sport. Might make it more fun to watch, too.<br><br>Keith, Annapolis
<br>H-18, Northstar 500
<br>WRCRA

Attached Files
4517- (136 downloads)
--Advertisement--
Re: An idea - [Re: Keith] #4497
12/05/01 04:34 PM
12/05/01 04:34 PM
MI
sail6000 Offline
old hand
sail6000  Offline
old hand

MI
Good idea Keith .
<br>
<br> I often sail with my sons , getting junior sailors involved in the sport is one of the best things we can do , especially at the local level. The I-20 is a perfect platform for this , its stable ,has a large tramp area , you can roll up the jib if the wind kicks up and maintain perfect controll , It will not pitchpole like some 18s and 16s.
<br> We also may see all female teams as we are beginning to see more in the Worrell 1000 , though with this rule 3-- 120LB average wt crew to 360 is ideal for this class.
<br> A 3rd trap wire would be added if wanted,they would have great fun .
<br>
<br>-Can you review the SAIL AREA TO WEIGHT FORMULA post .
<br> It is a basis for class rules that contain 3 basic catagories of total boat and crew weight and allowed sail area listed .
<br>
<br> Is this difficult to comprehend , I,ve read all these negative comments and terms applied , but this seems no more complex than chewing gum and walking to me .
<br>
<br> A number of people get on and post only in the negative , ---
<br> the classes are dieing ,-no one wants shutes ,-20s are too big ,-the sport is dead , bla bla bla .
<br>
<br>How do we stop the decline , and change the existing conditions that have lead to the decline-?
<br>
<br> Offer some positive thought and attempt to solve the problems of numerous scattered fleets and more each time a new boat comes along .
<br> Believe this sail area to weight formula racing is it -
<br>
<br> let us know -
<br> thanks
<br> Carl
<br> <br><br>

Attached Files
4525- (118 downloads)

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 474 guests, and 59 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022