06/20/05 03:41 PM
06/20/05 03:41 PM
Loxahatchee, Fl
Quietly_Making_Noise Offline OP
stranger
Quietly_Making_Noise  Offline OP
stranger

Loxahatchee, Fl
I am considering building a Kurt Hughes Rapid Cat 35. It is a scaled down F40 made of Wood and Epoxy. Is anybody familiar with his designs?

--Advertisement--
Re: Kurt Hughes Rapid Cat 35 [Re: Quietly_Making_Noise] #51411
06/23/05 09:44 PM
06/23/05 09:44 PM
Québec, Canada
CharlesLeblanc Offline
journeyman
CharlesLeblanc  Offline
journeyman

Québec, Canada
It is a very nice design!

I am also thinking about building a cat but I am looking at something simpler.

You have to watch the Building video that he sells, it really explains the process of building the hulls in a week

I never hade the chance of sailing a boat from Khurt Hugues but I can say that the design look like very good boat. he seems to take the structure very seriously and you should expect this boat to be a real performer.

I might get kicked out of the forum for saying that, but on paper, il looks like it could have the same speed potential as the Reynolds 33! However, there is a major design difference between the Reynolds and the Rapidcat, there are big cokpit in the Reynolds and this would allow the crew to be more comfortable in race condition.

Just one other comment, I spoke with a builder of the 60' tri and he said that the boat was beautifull but more difficult to build than other designs. I think that it is important to inquiry to see if the RapidCat was actually built once and if the plans were revised. However, having said that, it looks like the ply boats would be much simpler to build than the composites boats.

You can also look at Yahoo groups Multihull boatbuilder, you should find more information there.

Charles Leblanc
Nacra 5.2

Charles Leblanc Nacra 5.2 #26

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 741 guests, and 92 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022