Mary and I are leaving Put-in-Bay Friday for our trek to Pensacola Beach for the Wave North Americans next weekend, Oct 14-16. They are expecting a big turnout and there will be some great competition.

After that, we are going to mosey along down to Cedar Key the following weekend of Oct 22-23. We know we will have 4 Waves there for sure (Stan & Sharon Woodruff, Mary and I) and hope we can get someone else to show to make a good fleet.
Here is what we have posted on our www.catsailor.com event page:
Oct 21-23 – Cedar Key Cat Sailing Regatta, (buoy races on Sat., distance on Sunday), Dave Carlson 352-332-1049, dacarls@ufl.edu, or Robert Murph 904-954-7864, rmurph@citicorp.com, preregister at www.fleet80.com
Hope some of you can make it.

Next up is the Wave Week. I will be putting on a WAVE ONLY Sailing Seminar (see www.sailingseminars.com) just before the Wave Nationals, Sunday thru Wednesday, Nov 27-30, and then..,

The Wave Nationals will begin on Thursday with practice races in the afternoon and then the Nationals will begin on Friday. Dates are Dec 1-4. Fleets of Waves are growing and this should be quite a regatta, with a bunch of boats coming from Pensacola and Sandy Hook.
And, new to our fleet in Put-in-Bay is Mark Scarpelli (you might remember him from his 18 sq days and Tornado sailing) He is now the proud owner of a Wave and is coming to the Nationals and will be attending local regattas in Florida with our fleet down there. Welcome Mark.

See ya soon, I hope,
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com