Page 2 of 2 1 2
NA's [Re: Wouter] #8273
07/02/02 06:52 PM
07/02/02 06:52 PM
Chuck Offline
journeyman
Chuck  Offline
journeyman

Yes, St. Pete is fine - I have sailed Davis Island a couple of times.

My only regrets are that I love sailing in the keys - I guess the clear water. Also it seems like a lot more work to organize our own regatta versus piggy backing off the 18hts. If we don't want a 5 day regatta, I am sure we could run 2 or 3 down in the keys. For me I would drive the extra 3 hours to take what is being offered.

That said I am not as hard pressed as I make out to be, and I'll look forward to doing it at either location.

Chuck

PS Are you getting 5 boats our at one time often? If you have any races a group is planning attending, let me know - every so often I can sneak away [Linked Image]

--Advertisement--
Dunedin [Re: Wouter] #8274
07/02/02 09:03 PM
07/02/02 09:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys would love it. Perfect sailing location. I'd also like to have some other 16s to show how great a boat they really are.

We have some unspoiled areas you'd be sailing around. Approximately 5 miles to the south and 10 miles to the north with not a house or condo on the beach, just Caladesi Island State Park, Honeymoon Island State Park, Three Rooker Island, and Anclote Island State Preserve. Winds in October are perfect onshores at 10-13 knots. The water is about 78-80 degrees. We launch on a sandy beach in a protected "sound" and travel out a very wide break between the islands to get to the Gulf of Mexico. If it happens to be too rough in the Gulf we have a lot of open water in the sound.

Come on down. If you are interested I can talk with Tampa Bay Catamaran Sailing, Inc. about running the race. Camping within 5 minutes. October hotel rates some of the best too (hotels a little further away).

Mike (Taipan 4.9 #213)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous, phill, Rolf_Nilsen 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 666 guests, and 117 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022