09/14/06 09:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fellow Youth/Junior sailors and supporters,

I am helping get 2 of our youth gals from Nevada and New Mexico into a clinic in Long Beach, California. We need to raise a little more money or get a little help with the travel.

What fund-raising and donation methods have worked for you?

Thanks for your advice. - Shauna

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Help getting youth crew to clinic? [Re: ] #84777
09/15/06 10:19 PM
09/15/06 10:19 PM
Newport, RI
wildtsail Offline
old hand
wildtsail  Offline
old hand

Newport, RI
Hey,
In my time as a youth sailor (a few years ago)I tried to raise money tons of times and was very unsuccessful. Unfortunatley many companies don't want to give monetary hand outs. If anything I would suggest putting together a little resume and going to small local stores, especially ones where you know the owners are sailors and asking for small amounts of money say around $100.
The North American Hobie class also has a youth grant program... check it out on HCA-NA.org under youth sailing. Some divisions and fleets also have money they can have set aside to give youth sailors. All this happened after I aged out! So I was totally on my own but you should def. try to take advantage of it.
Bob Merrick, recently appointed HCA-NA class president was one of the coaches at this seminar last year, if it's the same one i'm thinking of. I would try to email him and ask him if he has any ideas, he is a huge promoter of youth sailing and will do anything he possibly can to help you out.
Good luck!
-Todd Riccardi

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 464 guests, and 95 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022