Just to let you all know how the Trapseat Championships went in Canada, I can honestly say it was the most exciting regatta I have ever attended. I brought a new skipper to the event who has a high level spinal cord injury. This was his first regatta and only his 3rd time on the water (starting with the first race). Most people at this event felt that we would only place the bottom part of fleet due to my skippers inexperience and the highly level of competition at this regatta but as it turned out we took first in the silver fleet and if it had not been for some difficult situations for my skipper in the first couple of races we would of easily have taken 5th and made it into the Gold fleet. But no matter we had a great time and was a great learning experience and now this new skipper is really excited about racing.
<br>
<br>Mike and Carl Strahle once again took first with some really close down wind finishes in strong winds. We all were yelling on the dock (the races were very close to the dock) as the races were so competitive and exciting. I just can’t believe how exciting it was to watching sailboat racing. To me it was just as exciting to watch the racing as it was to be racing. To read the full story about this event go to the Trapseat web site at www.sail-s.com. Actually this story will not be posted for about a month on the web site due to some changes that are being made to the site, so stay tuned.
<br>
<br>One final note the H16 Trapseat Worlds will also be held in Canada next year. This will be the first ever official Worlds for the H16 Trapseat. We expect 20 to 30 teams to be there, this may not sound like a lot of teams competing but in the disabled sailing world it is a lot.<br><br>