Wouter-

To answer your questions about the new rudderrs I've included the note I received from AHPC-

Hi Kirt,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, we've been very busy with the A class worlds boats.

I have attached a profile drawing of the new rudder shape. The cross sectional shape is like a "63 series foil" which is a Hollow Backed Blade ( ie last third concave).

The tapered profile reduces rudder noise and appears to increases the stall angle.

The new rudder stocks have a Carbon body with composite tiller arms. You could interchange new and old stocks and blades, but the lockdown and lockup positions are different, and you will also run into problems with the amount of tuck under. The top gudgeon is placed 10mm lower if using the new stocks.  

The new tiller cross bar is of composite material. It is purely a cosmetic change so that it matches the new stocks. We still use alloy cross bars with alloy stocks.

We are now using composite tiller extensions on all our boats because they are better to hold, more positive to steer with and stronger than the alloy ones.  

Hope this information is of help.

Regards, Andrew.

Andrew Pollard

Production Manager

Goodall Yacht Sails

PH 613 54436910

Fax 61 3 54412963

Didn't include the drawing because the picture shows both. These ARE the same rudders now standard on the Aus Flyer and Mk V Auscat-

Regards,

Kirt

Kirt Simmons Taipan #159, "A" cat US 48