02/16/07 07:36 PM
02/16/07 07:36 PM
St Petersburg FL
Robi Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Robi  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

St Petersburg FL
its spelled MOJITO! I guess ill have to come down myself to help Kirk out order his drinks. One for him and one for me please.

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Detached rear crossbar of Hobie Getaway [Re: Robi] #99022
02/17/07 03:37 PM
02/17/07 03:37 PM
A
amanyaraact Offline OP
stranger
amanyaraact  Offline OP
stranger
A

Well seems like a lot of guys wanna come over and help us out. Didn't realize that fixing this will take that much work . Amanyara resort is in the island of Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands. It's located somewhere north of Haiti and the Dominican republic.

Guests here are paying $1600 dollars per night and so from that it will give you a pretty good idea how careful I have to be to avoid being sued.

Matt you're right it is a dime. Sorry just flew in two months ago so I'm still trying to figure out American coins.

Well you got my pictures let me know what you think.

"If you were to sail it... that should pull together if the tramps are tight."

How sure are you about this? Cause if you're positive that this won't cause further damage I can ask my guys to take it out and see. The tramps were just tightened that morning, a few hours before this happened.

Also I've attached another picture for those of you out there. I have my thumb (nails cut by the way) pressed against the hull. From this top viewpoint you can see the distance of the sleeve from the outside part of the hull.

Attached Files
99607-Portside4.jpg (94 downloads)
Re: Detached rear crossbar of Hobie Getaway [Re: amanyaraact] #99023
02/18/07 01:49 PM
02/18/07 01:49 PM
California
mmiller Offline
veteran
mmiller  Offline
veteran

California
By the shot... it is nothing unusual. The hull is not level on a vertical plane here, so the top of the crossbar appears to be near flush and the bottom inset. That in itself is not a problem. You may be able to see a similar situation in the inboard side of the opposite hull. The hulls are made from the same mold. The molds get distorted over time. As the hull mold distorts outwards, the sleeve fit will not be the same.

I just can't see anything, but of course there is no "before" shot to compare to. I suspect that it is possible it was just noticed... rater than changed.

If the conditions are not challenging, you could have your guys sail it to see if there is some distortion under load. You might be able to see that by lifting one bow on the beach too.

But for now... I don't see a problem.

Hobie Cat Forums
Matt Miller
Hobie Cat Company
Re: Detached rear crossbar of Hobie Getaway [Re: mmiller] #99024
02/25/07 07:50 AM
02/25/07 07:50 AM
A
amanyaraact Offline OP
stranger
amanyaraact  Offline OP
stranger
A

The developments of this thread is that as of yesterday we sailed the cat in 3 foots waves and 11 knot winds with no problem. I asked a local sailing guru, Mike Rosati, and he showed me his Getaway and the sleeves looked exactly like mine. The most important part is that the rivets under the crossbar connected to the hull is still intact and not compromised. The loud noise did come from the suspect sleeve but not to the point that it made it inoperable. It's probably caused by one of my guys tightening the trampoline (lenghtwise) too much. So we loosened it up a bit to decrease the tension on the crossbar.

Matt still wants me to take a picture of the interior of the crossbar connecting to the sleeve. We'll probably do that today and I'll let you guys know what happens.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 408 guests, and 91 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022