Catsailor.com

F18 North Americans - early registration extended

Posted By: flumpmaster

F18 North Americans - early registration extended - 08/28/07 03:04 PM

Early registration for the F18 North Americans has been extended until 9/5/2007 - giving another 5 days for folk to beat the deadline and save $50.

In addition, the event organizers (TCDYC) have agreed to offer a 100% refund to all entrants were the event to be cancelled because of a Hurricane directly impacting Galveston Island.

We have decided to do this because of concerns raised by a number of F18 sailors following the passage of hurricane Dean across the Gulf of Mexico. History indicates the probability of a hurricane impacting Galveston in October is extremly small. Our prime risk months are August and September. Towards the end of September our weather patterns change, resulting in steering currents that reduce the probability of landfall on the Texas coast. From a review of National Hurricane center data, there were 10 storms (Tropical Storms and Hurricanes) in 140 years that came within 180 miles of Galveston in the month of October, and only 2 between the 8th and 12th of the month.

So get online and register today!

Chris.
Posted By: BrianK

Re: F18 North Americans - early registration extended - 08/29/07 01:10 AM

Now the jinx is on.
Posted By: Brian_Mc

Re: F18 North Americans - early registration exten - 08/29/07 03:34 AM

Chris, Quite an impressive list of competitors! Should be a great event! Brian, Providing any coverage? Your fans want to know! I see your old anchor is sailing...
Posted By: BrianK

Re: F18 North Americans - early registration exten - 08/30/07 12:13 PM

Im sailing, but will most likely get some video posted during the week. Of course, we will get the scoop on any "gates" that arise. Anyone know if that Jacques guy is coming? I bet they'll be a Jacques-Gate.

JW is now the Adventure Online TV West Coast Correspondent. Apparently he has raised to "I need to be closer to Hollywood" status.

Brian
Posted By: mbounds

Re: F18 North Americans - early registration exten - 08/30/07 12:48 PM

Greg and Jacques will be in Fiji for the H-16 Worlds. They're trying to get some guy named Struble on a Tiger for the NA's, though.
Posted By: Brian_Mc

Re: F18 North Americans - early registration exten - 08/30/07 05:35 PM

Im sailing, but will most likely get some video posted during the week. Of course, we will get the scoop on any "gates" that arise. Anyone know if that Jacques guy is coming? I bet they'll be a Jacques-Gate.

JW is now the Adventure Online TV West Coast Correspondent. Apparently he has raised to "I need to be closer to Hollywood" status.

Brian
Ah, that explains the move. I should've guessed! I will eagerly await reports!
Posted By: Dan_Delave

Re: F18 North Americans - early registration exten - 08/30/07 09:15 PM

There may be one or two brand new Tigers available for charter. Is anyone interested? Just checking out the lay of the land and trying to get a couple more boats on the line.

Later,
Dan
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums