Catsailor.com

New guy needs help.

Posted By: Timbo

New guy needs help. - 05/22/09 04:57 PM

No, not me, a co-worker of mine from the Atlanta area, he is looking to get into Cat Sailing, wants to find a place he can learn and maybe test drive some different size cats. I told him about the Spring Fever Regatta up on Hartwell, but I don't think he made it, but now he's looking for anyone who can get him started up in that area, or maybe Lake Lanier.

Mike Krantz, I told him to try to find you, do you have a dealership website I can pass to him? I also told him to register here and ask any questions of the Forum crowd. Hopefully he will log in and get started soon. His name is Kevin McDaniel.

I hope he stops by.
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: New guy needs help. - 05/22/09 07:04 PM

Tads in that area.
Posted By: tback

Re: New guy needs help. - 05/22/09 07:49 PM

isn't Mike at:
Layline

Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: New guy needs help. - 05/22/09 08:04 PM

Timbo, don't be shy... we all had to start somewhere. You can admit you don't really know how to sail.

You're among friends (but no group-hugging like Ding and Jdub. I'm too homophobe for that. I've never looked at a guy's butt and said "oh, yeah. I gotta have dat")
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: New guy needs help. - 05/22/09 08:49 PM

There is also a regatta at Lake Keowei or however you spell it in a couple of weeks. That could be a place to start.

Lake Lanier is also a good place to start...

Mike
Posted By: Jake

Re: New guy needs help. - 05/23/09 02:37 AM

Keowee...GREAT regatta! coming up next weekend and it's FREE!

Catsailor Thread for BWYD
Posted By: Timbo

Re: New guy needs help. - 05/23/09 04:31 AM

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys, I have copied them to our pilot board, he would like some -sailing lessons- so if any of you need crew, grab him and put him to work. Then you can sell him your boat and buy a new one!

Who needs crew?
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums