Catsailor.com

NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand???

Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/17/10 03:38 AM

I just read this:
NACRA performance cats just moved their fiberglass production to Thailand.

Here:
http://www.sailmagazine.com/racing/ruling_the_rules_of_physics/

Hadn't heard anything about this. HHmmmmmm?
Morrelli talks about the new F-20 some also.

F-20 page.
http://www.nacra.us/
Posted By: dacarls

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/17/10 04:13 AM

Lifting foils eh? On a Morrelli and Melvin NACRA 20 eh? Funny thing...I saw lifting foils on a bunch of A-cats just 2 days ago in Islamorada!!
Now- they don't call em lifting foils on these development class boats, but that is what they are...
Posted By: Rick_Bliss

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/17/10 04:57 PM

That's very interesting because I asked Performance about that rumor and they said it wasn't true and that they were just moving to a new facility in the same town. They have in fact moved to the new building in Santa Ana.
Posted By: Tony_F18

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/17/10 05:05 PM

New slogan:
Nacra: We love you long time!
wink

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/17/10 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rick_Bliss
That's very interesting because I asked Performance about that rumor and they said it wasn't true and that they were just moving to a new facility in the same town. They have in fact moved to the new building in Santa Ana.

Maybe it's only the European models or something like that.Be nice to know the scoop. I was gonna call you.
Posted By: ACE11

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/18/10 03:34 AM

I was told a couple of weeks before Xmas by someone who would know that Performance US were moving manufacture to Thailand. They were offloading all their excess gear at that time to move to a new site which was not set up for fibreglass manufacture. They had 3 sets of bare A2 hulls they were trying to flog at exhorbitant prices. Pretty funny really as the A2 hulls are way outdated.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/18/10 03:32 PM

scratch the lifting foils (for now). Update the sailplan and watch those things go!
Posted By: BoK

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/18/10 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ACE11
I was told a couple of weeks before Xmas by someone who would know that Performance US were moving manufacture to Thailand. They were offloading all their excess gear at that time to move to a new site which was not set up for fibreglass manufacture. They had 3 sets of bare A2 hulls they were trying to flog at exhorbitant prices. Pretty funny really as the A2 hulls are way outdated.

Maybe that's why they told me that it was going to take 3 months to get new decks for my N20
Posted By: engineer

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/18/10 09:02 PM

I've just been to Nacra Oz, looks to me like they are keeping production here for now.
Posted By: ACE11

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/19/10 01:07 AM

Spot on Engineer - a lot of the excess US Performance gear was shipped to Brisvegas. Besides Ross and Warren just love dipping their hands in the resin!

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/19/10 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by engineer
I've just been to Nacra Oz, looks to me like they are keeping production here for now.

Well, that's good news for you, maybe he just meant U.S. production. It'd be nice if someone would come forward and confirm or deny and maybe spell out what this means for quality, prices and shipping times. Not like they were fast or cheap before.
Posted By: engineer

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/20/10 11:24 AM

Nacra Australia are a small family business, where i can talk to the guys that built my boat (I'm buying another very soon) whilst they aren't the well oiled marketing and merchandising machine that Hobie are, The back up support and service is unparallelled. They didn't even know me and have sent me magic marine parts before I've paid for them, as they knew I was racing on the weekend and needed them "yesterday". I paid for them as soon as i had the account details on the invoice. They are fantastic.
They are neither cheap nor slow in Australia, but the they do ooze quality and service.
I too would be interested in hearing what is happening, isn't that what Nacra is about?
NACRA North American Catamaran Racing Association.
Soon to become
MITRA Made In Thailand Racing Association???????
Update anyone????
Posted By: Brian P

Re: NACRA moved their Fiberglass production to Thailand??? - 01/20/10 12:54 PM

hahaha "YOU WANT NACRA WITH HAPPY ENDING?"
sorry, couldnt help it!!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums