Hot News! About Sandusky Steeplechase, Wave North

Posted By: Anonymous

Hot News! About Sandusky Steeplechase, Wave North - 07/14/01 02:26 PM

This just in from our InfoBabe, Deb Schaefer in our northern outpost:
<br>To: All Interested Sailors
<br>Fr: Deb Schaefer
<br>Re: Bay Week Regatta, Steeplechase Race, and Hobie Wave North Americans
<br>
<br>Bay Week is only three short weeks away!! This will probably be one of the most exciting Bay Weeks ever......we got the Hobie Wave NAs, the MORC Nationals, and the Raves are coming too!!! Sail Registrations are up. And, we've got some great parties planned!!!
<br>
<br>Registration:
<br>
<br>You still have plenty of time! There will be no late registration fees applied uness postmarked after July 31. I have official NORs and registration forms. But, I will be out of town after next Thursday, July 19th for a week, so if you have questions or need additional information, call or e-mail me after 6pm at 419-635-2691, and if you can't reach me any other way, you can call me at work, 419-898-CASE before then at or contact Jerry Hengenious, Registrar at 440-942-3903, for Entry Forms.
<br>
<br>You can always register for the Steeplechase on site at the SSC. Remember, this year the Steeplechase fee has been reduced to $25!!!
<br>
<br>Accommodations:
<br>
<br>Check out the link for Put-in-Bay at www.put-in-bay.com ....it has lots of information about what to do at Put-in-Bay and the various accommodations. Then call the PIB Chamber of Commerce at 419-285-2832......they have a handle on what other accommodations are available.....they will know of every remaining opening at the Bay.
<br>
<br>Camping at Put-in-Bay Yacht Club:
<br> Tent or Van Camping at reasonable rates for Saturday Night and throughout the week. Contact Bob and Peg Everson at bobpeg@prodigy.net . H 937-865- 3768 or W 513-755-0869. PIBYC is within easy walking distance of town. $20 for 2 people, $5 each additional, up to 6 people in a group, in no more than 2 tents. There are showers on site and they will be serving continental breakfast each morning. It's where the action is.
<br>
<br> State Park:. Their rates this year are $18 for 2 people, and $5 for each additional person, up to a maximum of 6 people per site. Full hook up sites there are $22 for 2 people, with the same other rules. They allow a max of 2 tents per site as well, or one trailer/motorhome. People can call the park on Thursday Morning at 8AM, and they will have a guaranteed spot for Saturday. After noon on Sunday, all the campsites open up for the week. Bob will get the particulars and post them. If you are camping at the State Park or Fox's Den, there are taxies available to get you where you need to go. That's where Jim and I usually stay and where I hope to have the camp Fire Sing-a-long.....Sea Shanties by the Sea Shore.
<br>
<br>BTW, Rick White has been practicing up!.
<br>
<br>
<br>Don't forget, participation in the sail regatta includes temporary membership to the Crew's Nest, the use of their pool, tennis courts, showers, bar and restaurant...it's next door to PIBYC!!!!
<br>
<br>There is camping at Fox's Den: 419-285-5001, by the week, but they're probably booked already.
<br>
<br>Don't forget the Steeplechase Awards and Party at St. Hazards: We will rendezvous Saturday afternoon at St. Hazards Resort on Middle Bass Island, where we be passing out the Steeplechase Flags. Commodore Dennis Mintus will do the honors. St. Hazards is a resort with the flavor of the Caribbean with it's tiki style Bars, restaurant, swimming pool for use by any of it's patrons, so ring your bathing suit. You'll need to take Sonny's Ferry. Exact time of awards to be announced after the race.
<br>
<br>Logistics for the Ferry and Steeplechase Race: We have arranged for some transportation, for a fee, to get sailors from the Miller's Ferry on Saturday 7:30AM, to SSC in time for the Steeplechase Race. That means, if you are staying on the island Friday Night, you have a way to get back to your boat at SSC. If you stay at SSC for the Party and Dinner, you have a way to get your trailer and gear to PIB Saturday AM and we give you a ride back in time for the skipper's meeting at 8:00am. Cool!
<br>
<br>Jim Johns has arranged for a shuttle/limo service to get everyone from Miller's Ferry to SSC Sat.at 7:30am. the Ferry arrives at 7:20am. The cost will be shared among the participants. John can get a limo for 12 people for $75, or a van for 18 people for $125.
<br>
<br>We will need a head count so Call Jim Johns at 419-499-4269 for more information on the Shuttle Service.
<br>
<br>Rick White and I are still working on Charter Boats...he's got a line on some boats in Florida....so call Rick White, at Catamaran Sailor , if you are coming up from that way and you need a boat. Let me know if you have a Wave available for charter.
<br>
<br>I'm working on babysitters too.
<br>
<br>We've got a fleet(12) of Waves coming from Florida, Raves coming from Fl. and Canada, TheMightyHobie18's and 16's from MO, and Mystere 4.3s from Cleveland....as well as our usual crowd of miscreants.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>Put-in-Bay, Going for the Summer,
<br>Put-in-Bay, Winter was a Bummer.
<br>Got Me a Place Where I Know I Can Stay.
<br>
<br>Put-in-Bay, Going to have a GOOD TIME!
<br>Put-in-Bay, Fun in the Summertime!
<br> I Know, I Think I'll Go to Put-in-Bay!
<br>
<br>http://www.catsailor.com/waves/WaveNA_Info.html<br><br>

Attached File
705-  (23 downloads)
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums