Catsailor.com

Mast Up Beach Storage

Posted By: hobie1616

Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/29/10 11:01 PM

What are the annual rates for mast up storage with access to a beach?
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 12:08 AM

At a club? In a pub? At a park? In the dark? Where would you like to store it Sam I Am?

I can tell you that the Miami Yacht Club is very expensive, monthly membership is cheaper than storage.

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 12:43 AM

At a hotel that's interested in starting a sailing program. Local residents will be invited to store their boats and participate in programs. It's in blue sky mode now but they've already preped the grass area and set a room aside for storage.

There's a hale that's empty that will be refurbed for meeting space. They may consider starting a YC.
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 12:44 AM

Mine is free.
Posted By: pgp

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 12:47 AM

$840/year or there abouts. There was an initiation fee and assorted one time fees.
Posted By: _flatlander_

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 03:28 AM

$400/year cool and our water is only slightly different color than yours grin
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 12:00 PM

At Put-in-Bay YC active sailing fleets are free. At Upper Keys Sailing Club in Key Largo, I believe the rates are about $40 per month.
Rick
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 01:40 PM

mast up storage is around 1200/year at(18' cat) the clearwater sailing center. depends on the boat size. you have to get a family membership (800) plus the storage fee (again depending on boat size)
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 03:07 PM

Local YC around $20-30/month incl. membership. At my lake house... Free!

C
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 04:38 PM

I would suggest a provision that any boat kept at the location must be used (by owner, or with owner's permission) on a reasonalbe basis, or else forefit the spot to someone who does use their boat.

Also, probably want to provide verbiage that the boats must be kept in good sailing condition to avoid the "eyesore" that non-sailors seem to think all cat-yards are..
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 05:06 PM

The Sarasota Sailing Squadron is very reasonable, only about $350 per year membership and about $20/mo mast up storage. Their huge lot is full of beach cats that have unfortunately not been sailed in years...maybe it's so cheap it causes too much -storage- by people who never sail? You might want to consider putting in some kind of a "Use it or lose it" type clause if parking spots will be at a premium.

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo
You might want to consider putting in some kind of a "Use it or lose it" type clause if parking spots will be at a premium.

Good idea!
Posted By: Ventucky Red

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 07:30 PM

Leadbetter Beach in Santa Barbara is $250 a year to keep the boat on the beach from April 1 to October 31 - dates may have changed this year. After that it needs to be off the beach.

We looked to do the same for an area in Ventura and came up with a cost of $225 per year with a limit to 12 boats due to the area they were going to allow for this. This too was going to need an "off the beach by date" as this is the staging area for the yearly harbor dredging.

The biggest part of the expense is the insurance we needed to have for liability.

We abandoned the project when we couldn't get enough people interested.

Posted By: Hullflyer1

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 10:01 PM

Delray Beach, Florida, mast up storage is $200 every 12 months (there is no season here, some of us sail all year long) , includes us of cat trax.

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 10:04 PM

Hey Craig,
Does the term "FREE" include the condo fees?

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 06/30/10 10:24 PM

The condos have nothing to do with the beach. They do not own the beach as beaches are public land. There are about three public parks with free parking and every few blocks there are public pathways in between the condos for access to local residents.

I used to keep my boat in front of my condo but all the hurricanes made that impossible on a long term bassis. My boat is in between two condos about 200 yards down from my condo. I usually take my bike to the boat using one of the pathways that is close to my boat. I inherited a sailbox from a condo oner that had built it long ago. It helps to get "in" with the local cabana guys. I usually bring extra beer to keep relations smoothe.

In Delray Beach, you have to be a Delray Beach resident.
Posted By: H17cat

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 07/01/10 04:58 AM

At Sail Sand Point in Seattle, $3.95 per square ft per year, plus $10.00. See www.sailsandpoint.org click on storage.

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 07/01/10 10:07 AM

You no longer have to be a resident, they opened up to the public last year. A few days ago I helped a Palm Beach resident put his H-18 on the beach, and he could not be happier.

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 07/01/10 02:11 PM

Great news. It is a great place to sail. I am going to have to make another run down that way on my SC20. Maybe try and talk ya'll into reviving the "Delray Drag"
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 07/01/10 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by cyberspeed
Great news. It is a great place to sail. I am going to have to make another run down that way on my SC20. Maybe try and talk ya'll into reviving the "Delray Drag"

I think i saw the Delray Drag on the corner of Lake Ida and Congress Ave once.... I was scarrrred

Re: Mast Up Beach Storage - 07/02/10 10:12 AM

You did ! His name was Flipper Chipper
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums