Catsailor.com

New here looking to get into F18 Sailing

Posted By: glh

New here looking to get into F18 Sailing - 01/03/12 08:11 PM

First I would like to thank Rick and all the contributors for a great site.

My wife is relieved I have a deposit on my current cat (motorized) looks like we are closing next week. She wasn't to crazy about that one and would never let anyone in the family ride it with me..

I am starting to look for an F18 class boat in order to initiate my 13 year old son more intricate sailing then he has learned up to now in summer camp. I will more than likely get something before the summer.

I have gotten a bunch of information on the F18 class and the boats that seem very different from 30 years ago when I sailed a 16 Hobbie for days on end...

I have looked at a lot of information here and on naf18.com as well as European and Canadian sites. I've searched Craig's list, Boattrader and so forth and was wondering if I am missing any other source for used boats.

More than likely I will be looking for a 2006 or newer F18 NARCA, AHPC or Hobbie. I have no allusions relating to racing success but would still like to enter some regattas a few times a summer.

Any input or resources will be greatly appreciated and again thanks all for a great site.

GL
Posted By: bacho

Re: New here looking to get into F18 Sailing - 01/03/12 08:35 PM

www.thebeachcats.com has an excellent classifieds section to shop for boats in.
Posted By: P.M.

Re: New here looking to get into F18 Sailing - 01/03/12 08:46 PM

this one just listed in California.
F18 for sale
Posted By: pgp

Re: New here looking to get into F18 Sailing - 01/03/12 09:07 PM

Try http://www.catsailor.com/cs_classifieds.html first, it's one of the things that keeps Rick in business.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New here looking to get into F18 Sailing - 01/03/12 09:24 PM

you can try contacting Jill Nickerson or Robbie Daniels at fun in the sun @ juno dot com (no spaces).

They are an AHPC distributor and may be able to help you up there as well with contacts if not a boat

you can Private message me if you want their number
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums