The Florida 300 has added a leg to Daytona
More information is forthcoming.
It will start in Islamorada and finish in Daytona Beach
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Florida 300 + - 01/29/16 03:38 PM

AWESOME!!!
Posted By: Grandude

Re: Florida 300 + - 01/29/16 04:02 PM

Well, I was looking forward to dragging it out to St. Augustine... But I can't imagine sailing away from the post race festivities that will most likely transpire with us and Fleet 80 at Perry's. An awesome addition to an already grand event. The angles for the cape rounding shall necessitate some sporty double trapped spin reaching... Ding, start feeding the guns!

Re: Florida 300 + - 01/30/16 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Grandude
Well, I was looking forward to dragging it out to St. Augustine... But I can't imagine sailing away from the post race festivities that will most likely transpire with us and Fleet 80 at Perry's. An awesome addition to an already grand event. The angles for the cape rounding shall necessitate some sporty double trapped spin reaching... Ding, start feeding the guns!

Way ahead of you! Gun maintenance is hard work!
Posted By: I W S Dennis

Re: Florida 300 + - 01/31/16 01:34 AM

The festivities at Daytona are going to be Epic !
Trophy presentation is being held at the World Famous Ocean Deck,
Big plans are being made, spread the word, you don't want to miss this years running of the Florida 300"+".
More to come sign up early.

Re: Florida 300 + - 01/31/16 03:25 AM

The festivities at Daytona are going to be Epic !
Trophy presentation is being held at the World Famous Ocean Deck,
Big plans are being made, spread the word, you don't want to miss this years running of the Florida 300"+".
More to come sign up early.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/01/16 02:22 PM

you should call it the "300 Magnum"...

Look... Ding's already ripped!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jake

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/01/16 02:46 PM

Jay, your social relations filter needs some fine tuning again.

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/01/16 05:39 PM

I have a filter? sh*

But in somewhat more seriousness (i mean, what could be more serious than that shakey-thingy)... you "wire-meat" types who hang on the side of the hull all day sawing the main/spin sheets.... what is the best method for preventing/minimizing tendonitis in your wrist, elbow and shoulder?

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/01/16 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
I have a filter? sh*

But in somewhat more seriousness (i mean, what could be more serious than that shakey-thingy)... you "wire-meat" types who hang on the side of the hull all day sawing the main/spin sheets.... what is the best method for preventing/minimizing tendonitis in your wrist, elbow and shoulder?

I was having a bad issue with tendonitis when I started crewing and I even got a prescription to deal with it which wasn't helpful at all. Terry Back sent me a very helpful list of things to do and I have added it below. The wrist curls and the hot and cold compresses made the biggest difference for me. I also do resistance training 3 days a week, regular exercise is key in my opinion.

From Terry Back:
In a nut shell you need to two things

1. Preventative

2. Rehabilitation

a. Therapy

b. Exercise

c. Heat

d. Ice

e. Massage

3. Anti-Inflammatory

a. Diet

b. Supplements

i. Ginger

ii. Turmeric

iii. Devil’s Claw

c. Ice

Prevention:

It is key to relieve pressure from the tendons … remember I mentioned “shortening” the tendon to take leverage off the elbow point? This is where the Band-IT and compression sock comes in. You can wear both or only one (You’ll find out which combination works best for you and sometimes it’s both and then only one). I wear these everyday--all the time… and especially when I golf!!! Or do lifting chores around the house.

Heat & Ice:

The elbow pain (at the bone) gets very little blood flow so you need to use heat to get what little blood flow into that joint. The Inferno Wrap and BioFreeze come in. I use the BioFreeze before I put on the compression sock (also before I exercise ... it’s great on the lower back too!)

You can apply ice after 30 minutes from using heat…the key is to let the temperature of the skin get back to normal temperature.

You can cycle the heat and ice as often as you think about it … it’ll be difficult to do it more than 3-4 times a day … always finish with ice (except at bedtime … I usually use the Inferno Wrap while I read and then lights out.

ICE AFTER EACH HARD WORKOUT…sailing, golf, lifting.

Exercise:

This is really the key … after your inflammation is down (maybe starting next week .. it’ll take you that long to get all this stuff).

I use dumbbells for wrist curls and forearm curls.

I use the TheraBar for the other exercises in the video (I also take my TheraBar to work it comes in handy to beat the staff).

You can do this every other day (3-4x per week).

Massage:

Start getting massages (you and the wife). I’ve got a great massage therapist if you need a recommendation. We have her come to the house. Additionally, you also massage your forearm with a small diameter ball (thumbs are good but mine get tired before I’m done getting the massage done). I haven’t used the Lacrosse ball but the one I have is a hard vulcanized rubber about 2” in diameter – like a superball.

Massage Ball

http://www.amazon.com/Joes-USA-Lacr...83&sr=1-14&keywords=massage+ball

Thera-Band FlexBar

http://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Y0A2THBFLXRL-Thera-band%C2%AE-FlexBar%C2%AE-Red/dp/B00067E4YU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358771304&sr=8-1&keywords=therma+band

You’ll probably need the blue or green bar. Here is a YouTube link talking about the use and therapy of the FlexBar.

http://www.thera-band.com/ (scroll down for FlexBar).

Elbow Inferno Wrap

http://www.mendmeshop.com/tenniselbow/tenniselbow.php

BioFreeze

http://www.amazon.com/Biofreeze-6-p...772435&sr=1-1&keywords=biofreeze

Band-It

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Band-ABI0...58771576&sr=1-1&keywords=band+it

Band-it with Magnets ( I haven’t tried this one … but if you like/believe in magnet theory ….)

http://www.amazon.com/ProBand-BandI...58771576&sr=1-5&keywords=band+it

Compression sleeve

http://www.amazon.com/Zensah-Splint...;sr=8-8&keywords=compressions+sleeve

Tens 300 Electronic Muscle Stimulation

http://www.protherapysupplies.com/S...i7-bQCFQUFnQodhxQA7g&source=googleps

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/02/16 03:30 AM

That list is missing 2 to 1 spin sheet rig.

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/02/16 12:19 PM

If you actually do all that crap, I'll never feel bad about losing to you again.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/02/16 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
If you actually do all that crap, I'll never feel bad about losing to you again.

It's still ding, you should still feel bad.

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/02/16 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram
I also do resistance training 3 days a week,

Great info Dave. Thanks.

The only 'resistance' training I've done this week is to try and resist that frikkin cookie-dough ice cream sitting in the freezer...

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/02/16 04:26 PM

meh... maybe it's easier to just call Kenny the Monster for crew..

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/02/16 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger

It's still ding, you should still feel bad.

You say the sweetest things Karl, stop now you're making me blush.

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/02/16 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Grandude
That list is missing 2 to 1 spin sheet rig.

I thought only Karl could request changes :-)

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/02/16 10:30 PM

He broke me down, I'm more receptive now.

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/03/16 02:27 AM

Ok, guys now use some of that muscle and exercise to muster more sailors, our goal is 12 but pushing for 20. Get some of the I 20's that have to be sitting around out on the coast. Need five of each type boat to make a class. If you can't race, donate to the race: 2 ways : 1. Donate at the Florida 300 websight, 2. We now have a gofundme , all monies go to making a great race for the sailors. The competition will be awesome as always but the rest is going to add memories.!!!

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/03/16 02:53 AM

The Sail Series Promotion USA inc. (SSPUSA) Florida 300 is a 501(3)c so any donations are fully deductible. Tell everyone even a couple bucks is helpful, don't make me do the ice bucket challenge to the old man or even Chuck.😎

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/03/16 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by I W S Dennis
don't make me do the ice bucket challenge to the old man or even Chuck.😎

Now hold on let's not dismiss this idea right away.

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/04/16 02:25 PM

Not Dismissing it , if it will help make the expenses cheaper for the sailors,
I am all about them being soaked in ice water.!! : )
Posted By: brucat

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/05/16 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by David Ingram
don't make me do the ice bucket challenge to the old man or even Chuck.😎

Now hold on let's not dismiss this idea right away.

+1...

Getting folks to donate money for someone else to have a great party, probably not going to happen.

Getting us to donate to see videos of specific individuals getting the ice bucket, well that's far more realistic...

Mike

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/05/16 06:41 PM

instead of ice bucket (yawn), do a video of them twirling around the rum keg and then trying to race off through an obstacle course AT THE AWARDS PARTY. Nothing dangerous.. just run or hurdle some inflatable marks, pool toys, hanging rafts, etc. That's much more Youtube worthy smile and it MUST BE POSTED (keep the course under 1 minute and make sure they have to do a LOT of twirling first - don't ask me how i know this... please).

Set up a fund for each "victim" or team entry in the 300+ event. The team who ends up with the most donation $ has to "run the gauntlet" (of course, all monies collected go to the event, regardless of who 'wins' and has to run the course).

So, Brett will tell all his folk to 'donate' to Ding's bucket (so he has to run) and vice versa.

If the fund balances are posted regularly, the front-runner is motivated to get his/her fan base to contribute to someone else so they don't have to "win"....

Kind of like reverse psychology?

Posted By: catman

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/05/16 11:26 PM

You could always do Rum Skull Funnels then attempt the course.

Skull Funnel

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/06/16 02:43 PM

This is great, I love the new ideas rolling in, keep throwing out some suggestions, then we can implement some. This needs to be the an event first and also a great race within a great and fun event.
I also think that if you are using valuable family vacation time, that we should think about things for wives and kids; such as pool parties for them while the racers are on the water or inflatable bounce houses on beach, or a pile of longboards to use at stops.......
If we are using vacation time, it should be a vacation also.
Any ideas?

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/08/16 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by catman
You could always do Rum Skull Funnels then attempt the course.

Skull Funnel

If someone could make an ice sculpture/casting of that thing, it would be way cooler for the rum funnel.

And is anyone going to set up a gofundme account to make Dave do the obstacle course? I've got a few bucks waiting.

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/08/16 02:34 PM

And is anyone going to set up a gofundme account to make Dave do the obstacle course? I've got a few bucks waiting.

Isn't being crew punishment enough? I'm sure it was something I said and I probably deserve it but damn dude I'm old I could break a hip.

Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/08/16 03:05 PM

This is great, I love the new ideas rolling in, keep throwing out some suggestions, then we can implement some.

Host a hoverboard jousting tournament between the ground crews and allow betting on the matches. House takes a percentage of the proceeds in the name of "charity" of course.

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/08/16 04:10 PM

swim noodles as the jousting sticks ...

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/19/16 01:39 AM

The Florida 300 plus is going to be an awesome race! We have several major sponsors and some other surprises that will be announced in the near future. Top 3 overall will win Nixon Surf and Sail Watches. All Competitors will receive pennants, 3 boats make a class, only 20 boats will be accepted to race, 10 spots are taken. I hear ther are a few Nacra 17s with some decent flat water sailors hanging around, care to see if you can handle the surf? All spin boats from 16-20 feet are invited to do full race.
We will do the 45 mile dogfight from vero to cocoa beach, and if there is enough interest Maybe another chase from cocoa beach to The giant party in Daytona Beach at the Ocean Deck. (60+miles around the cape, some of the coolest sailing in Florida! Bring the family we will have things for them also! Sign up before we fill the field.

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/19/16 01:43 AM

Just a thought, maybe the 17 sailors can run their dagger boards aground at the beach so they can REPAIR them!
Posted By: brucat

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/19/16 02:29 AM

instead of ice bucket (yawn), do a video of them twirling around the rum keg and then trying to race off through an obstacle course AT THE AWARDS PARTY. Nothing dangerous.. just run or hurdle some inflatable marks, pool toys, hanging rafts, etc. That's much more Youtube worthy smile and it MUST BE POSTED (keep the course under 1 minute and make sure they have to do a LOT of twirling first - don't ask me how i know this... please).

Set up a fund for each "victim" or team entry in the 300+ event. The team who ends up with the most donation $ has to "run the gauntlet" (of course, all monies collected go to the event, regardless of who 'wins' and has to run the course).

So, Brett will tell all his folk to 'donate' to Ding's bucket (so he has to run) and vice versa.

If the fund balances are posted regularly, the front-runner is motivated to get his/her fan base to contribute to someone else so they don't have to "win"....

Kind of like reverse psychology?

Perfect! This actually works. We raised a ton of money for a food pantry by running Penny Wars, which works on this idea (highest amount raised loses).

Mike

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/19/16 03:29 PM

Google says a ton of pennies is 366,000, so that's about $3,660. Nice work!

Re: Florida 300 + - 02/25/16 01:50 PM

If you're on the fence about the Florida 300 then hopefully this will be the push you need. The word on the street is this year's 300 is going to be off the chain. The Ocean Deck party in Daytona is going to be worth the price of admission alone. The Florida 300 is inking the last of its sponsorship and a full press release is coming soon. Time is getting short so if you're going to join us now is the time to get your ducks in a row.

Re: Florida 300 + - 03/03/16 03:52 PM

I know an F18 skipper looking for crew, If you're interested PM me.

Re: Florida 300 + - 03/09/16 02:36 PM

The Florida 300+ will be represented at the Grand Opening of the Aventura West Marine. The party is on St. Party's Day at the Aventura location the tickets are on sale for $10, we have 50 tickets available and there are lots of gifts, great silent auctions and raffles for cool stuff. Please call Dennis at 305-522-4944 for tickets. See you there.
Posted By: Damon Linkous

Re: Florida 300 + - 03/24/16 09:46 PM

Florida 300 Updated Notice of Race has been published. Please read carefully and note the safety equipment, including Personal Locator Beacons (PLB's), required for each crew.

Also for those on the fence and want to "try out" distance racing on the Florida Coast or can't take the whole week. There are now TWO single leg events that can be entered. The Dogfight, raced from Vero Beach to Cocoa Beach, and the Space Coast Challenge raced from Cocoa Beach to Daytona Beach. These are two separate races so you can enter one or both to join the fun.

READ THE NOR

Re: Florida 300 + - 04/03/16 11:12 PM

Hey Ding,
Do you still know a skipper looking for a crew?
If so I might know a crew for him.
Also if anybody is interested in racing but doesn't have a boat, please contact me.
Just a few updates:
Sponsorships include: Waves Surf Shop, West Marine, ACR, Nixon Watches, DePaula Jewelers, Keys Sailing, Zhik, NACRA, Islander Watersports, Harken, The Ocean Deck, Others to be finalized in the next two weeks.

Re: Florida 300 + - 04/04/16 01:44 PM

Hey Ding,
Do you still know a skipper looking for a crew?
If so I might know a crew for him.
Also if anybody is interested in racing but doesn't have a boat, please contact me.
Just a few updates:
Sponsorships include: Waves Surf Shop, West Marine, ACR, Nixon Watches, DePaula Jewelers, Keys Sailing, Zhik, NACRA, Islander Watersports, Harken, The Ocean Deck, Others to be finalized in the next two weeks.

No, he got an offer to sail on a big boat and won't be able to make the 300 this year.

Re: Florida 300 + - 04/04/16 04:04 PM

update:
The Team from the Netherlands just signed up in the f18 fleet, team, "Dutch Rockerz", Bob Hensen and Thomas de Jong
we are tenetively at 13 boats with a few more considering.

Re: Florida 300 + - 04/05/16 01:49 PM

We have added 3 MYC youth teams, thanks to Coach Leandro for the participation. Entries are at 15 , only 5 spots left, we are appealing to the people out there that have N 17s to join in the fun after the grueling Olympic competition, come on out and enjoy 385 miles of coastal racing with a party at every stop.

Re: Florida 300 + - 04/18/16 01:53 PM

Four entry spots left for this years Florida 300, and for those of you who would like to just sail one leg of this race to try it out, there are 2 opportunities.
1. The Dog Fight is a 45 mile run from ,Vero Beach to Cocoa Beach on Friday the 20th of May. This is a fun and fast run.
And for those of you looking for a bit more challenge......
2. The Spacecoast Challenge, a 65 mile romp around Cape Canaveral, one of my favorite sails of our east coast. This is the last leg of the Florida 300 and then we will have our Ocean Deck party and Trophy presentation.
Hope to see you there!!
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: Florida 300 + - 04/21/16 04:14 AM

Team Cyberspeed officially entered in the Florida 300 catamaran race. The race goes from Islamorada, Florida to Daytona Beach, Florida on May 17-21. After stepping down from organizing sailboat races this year, I decided to race the Florida 300 which I helped organize and run the last two years.

Rob Behrend has had some health issues and doesn't want to chance his health getting worse, so Mark Herendeen has stepped up to the plate and will be sailing with me. I am sure if needed, Rob would be willing to step in on certain legs and will be doing the Miami Key Largo portion of the run down to Islamorada from Singer Island where the boat lives. He and I have done thousands of miles on the boat and he knows every line and bolt on the boat.

Mark and I have competed against each other since the 2003 Hogsbreath 100 when only nine of about 20 boats finished due to a major storm that hit shortly after the race started. Ironically that was the first race that Rob and I sailed together. Mark and I have never been on a boat together but we have discussed the possibility many times over the years. Mark's past accolades include completing one Worrell 1000, three Tybee 500's and the inaugural Florida 300.

Mike Shappell will be the team manager for the race. Mike has always been a great friend, fellow sailor and has helped me with all of the past upgrades and maintenance work on the Supercat 20 at his shop dubbed "The Man Shed". Between he and Rob, the boat is up for the challenge.

A special thanks also goes out to Dennis Green for stepping in and taking over some of my duties and doing such a superb job on sponsorship for this years race. Another special thank you goes out to Dave Calvert and Calvert Sails for working with me to put a new set of Calvert designed sails on the boat for the race.

We are working on lots of stuff to bring the race to the spectators. We are planning to stream live video from the boat of the starts and periodic updates throughout the race. Both Mark and I will also be sporting new helmet cameras to get a first person view of what goes on during a race.

We are relaunching www.TeamCyberspeed.com. I decided to start from scratch and move over the archived information over time to expedite production and focus it more on the Florida 300. So be patient as I go through the old info and bring it over. A full media release is coming soon.

We are also looking for partners. You can either help sponsor the sails which will stay on after the race or just the race which will still offer sponsorship on the sails during the race. We can also include special team building sailing sessions if any companies are interested. Please check out the new website and contact me if you have any questions or want to become a partner!

Team Website >>>

Re: Florida 300 + - 04/21/16 01:16 PM

How's Mike and his boat-building project going?
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: Florida 300 + - 04/22/16 01:32 AM

He is trying to get a prototype for his motorized loungechair with cooler finished before the race.

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/10/16 08:19 PM

We're now a week out from the start and it's time to peak at the forecast. Looks like a typical SE/ESE day building after lunch. So we all know what an F18 will do 3 sail reaching, but what's the intell on those Carbon 20s. How well do they spin reach?

Turtle Mojo
F18

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/13/16 07:35 AM

You will have to talk with Kirk about that, Steve and Jay haven't sailed the carbon 20 with 3 sails yet. Their will be many interesting story lines this year.....
How fast will the Dutch Rockerz be???
How fast are the youth sailors going to be???
Will Steve and Jay figure the boat out in time to push or pass Kirk and Tom
How fast is the Frankenstein Tornado???
Where is Todd????😎
Who wants to go St Pete to Daytona Next Year??
Who's going to have the best video clip?
We will have unprecedented coverage this year, with Craig and his helmet cams, Nick and his drone and Damon and his Camera.
Should be a blast.
Wish more were here, so please tune in this is going to be EPIC!!!!

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/13/16 11:10 AM

This might be a good time to list the links to where we will be able to tune in.

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/13/16 12:50 PM

I like Dennis' comment about St. Pete to Daytona, although Marco-Long Key leg is pretty desolate and inaccessable for ground-crew. Lots of banjo music out there.

Jake is familiar with this area. Beautiful sailing but man, "U on U own"

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/13/16 01:13 PM

The thought is to put Larrys boat, the big Catana as a midway checkpoint, between Marco and channel 5 bridge, this is about a 105 mile leg, and sometimes a real test.
This race would be 7 or 8 legs and would require a true early commitment.
I have already talked to several sponsors for the early legs and there is lots of interest.
Just a point of discussion while we race to Daytona this year.
Daytona's Ocean Deck is with us for the future races with a big commitment. Just wait till the end of this years race.

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/13/16 02:09 PM

The thought is to put Larrys boat, the big Catana as a midway checkpoint, between Marco and channel 5 bridge, this is about a 105 mile leg, and sometimes a real test.
This race would be 7 or 8 legs and would require a true early commitment.
I have already talked to several sponsors for the early legs and there is lots of interest.
Just a point of discussion while we race to Daytona this year.
Daytona's Ocean Deck is with us for the future races with a big commitment. Just wait till the end of this years race.

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/13/16 03:00 PM

If it's any help, the Tampa/Key West "Bone Island" big boat regatta is this week (May 12 - 16), so maybe your St. Pete race could run through that fleet and just turn left at Marco...

And you could get ground crew at Goodland, Everglades City, Cape Sabel/Flamingo, so your biggest unaided stretch would be more like 40 miles. You can "park" the boat anywhere... just getting outside assistance may be difficult.

For the most part if you're within a mile or so of shore, you do get cell coverage for most of the way (not sure about Cape Sabel to Keys)
Posted By: Will_R

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/13/16 04:48 PM

This might be a good time to list the links to where we will be able to tune in.

Here's the Kattack link: http://kws.kattack.com/GEPlayer/GMPlayer.aspx?FeedID=1546

I've not seen a YouTube link yet.
Posted By: rehmbo

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/17/16 04:52 PM

Is there some kind of cross-reference between boat names and boat type and skipper/crew?

Edit: Google is my friend http://florida300.com/entry

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/17/16 05:58 PM

Tavernier Creek,Steve and Jay, N 20 Carbon
Key Sailing, Kirk and Tom, N 20 Carbon
Buoy 44, Brian and Will, Frankennado
Turtle MoJo, Dave and Dick, F 18
Dutch Rockrez, Bob and Thomas, F 18
Royal Yellow, Leandro and Youth sailors, I-20
Royal Orange, 2 youth sailors , I-20
Royal White, 2 youth sailors, I-20
Cat in Hat, Larry And Friend, I-20
My Dixie Wrecked, John and Jocelyn, I-20

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/17/16 05:58 PM

I'll work on the rest
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/17/16 06:35 PM

Thank you Dennis! Happen to grab finish times?

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/17/16 07:05 PM

No, that will have to come from the race officials, check with The Beach Cats, Damon Linkous

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/17/16 07:26 PM

Damon says as soon as he has the times he will post on Florida300.com,
And Facebook

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/17/16 07:37 PM

Steve and Jay first to beach, then keys sailing and buoy 44
All around 1:30last boat is in around 3:30.

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/18/16 05:42 AM

Watch “Florida 300 Trailer” on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/167063068
This is a small taste of what we have coming.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/18/16 12:42 PM

Thats awesome. Can't wait to see the rest.

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/18/16 12:44 PM

Looks like a really long day of jibing in light breeze today, maybe we will get more video up from yesterday, while we wait today!

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/18/16 06:43 PM

Boats have locked in to sea breeze and are up to speed Kirk out front
Steve chasing don't know where Brian and Will are their tracker isn't working, those Miami yacht club youths are fast.

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/19/16 01:05 AM

Crazy day on the water, Steve and Jay are back after a harrowing experience, 2 boats still out on water. Lots of thunderstorms, and the stories to go with it. Steve and Jay think there whole thing is on the
Go Pros video. more to come.
Posted By: Redtwin

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/19/16 08:39 PM

Are there any videos posted on any sites?
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/20/16 01:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCB8kiOrwmOnzMNUKQfVDAw
Posted By: Redtwin

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/20/16 06:08 PM

Looks like a "derecho" coming off the coast at this time. I hope they are all doing OK out there.
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/22/16 11:40 AM

In the good old days I once reported several times a day on the Worrell 1000 and Tybee, but alas not able to do it anymore.
However, every Facebook post I have seen I have shared on
Catamaran Sailor Magazine facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/catamaransailor/?fref=ts
Every little bit helps.

Re: Florida 300 + - 05/23/16 05:30 PM

I do remember the stories of you chasing internet connections with the RV... good memories... Thanks for all the hard work over these many years Rick
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums