Catsailor.com

New Boat, Looking to Sail

Posted By: ksurfer

New Boat, Looking to Sail - 07/08/05 06:57 PM

A couple of weeks ago I picked up my new boat, a NACRA 6.0. Tricked out with all the goodies, square top main, spinnaker, etc. I grew up sailing Hobie 16's, and owned an 18 for a while. This is a big step up, and am looking to easy myself into the racing scene (have lots of racing experience as a former intercollegiate sailor). Anyway, I am looking to meet the other cat sailers in the area and to get acquaited with everyone.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: New Boat, Looking to Sail - 09/21/05 04:43 PM

Drag it to Lake Eustis (near Orlando) this weekend. Lots of "rock stars" there (N20, F18, N6.0) with plenty of tips to get you rigged up fast, and sailing strong...

Wildcat weekend - http://www.teamloewen.com/

Check out the registration link on that page to see who's coming. Two days of fun, medium air bouy races.
Posted By: AnthonyW

Re: New Boat, Looking to Sail - 03/28/06 04:01 PM

Awsome! I used to sail Hobbies growing up too. I have been trying to locate a dealer that sells Nacra 6.0. and get some more info. Where did you get yours and about how much. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Anthony.
Posted By: PTP

Re: New Boat, Looking to Sail - 03/30/06 07:28 AM

Nice to know that people are still looking for 6.0s
There are a few on thebeachcats.com classifieds and recently one sold in Pensacola. I was thinking about looking into a different boat, but after a recent sail I changed my mind. The 6.0 just seems indestructable to me and I am not good enough to justify a new high end N20... plus I've put so much money into it (adding spin, new main, etc) that it doesn't make any sense to get rid of it now
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: New Boat, Looking to Sail - 03/30/06 10:35 PM

I picked mine up from a seller outside of Stuart, FL. I plan tp upgrade to F-18 or N20 within the year, so selling mine is not out of the question. It has the stock main, custom square top main, numerous jibs, screacher, NE chute, etc, etc, etc. The boat is in great condition!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums