Catsailor.com

THE BRIDGE IS COMING DOWN, WE ARE FREE AT LAST!!

Posted By: catman

THE BRIDGE IS COMING DOWN, WE ARE FREE AT LAST!! - 09/21/05 12:51 AM

A good thing is happening as I'm sure most of you that live in the area know. The Clearwater Pass draw bridge is coming down. For those of you that don't live here it's been replaced with a 75' fixed bridge. We will be able to sail from the Dunedin Causeway to Clearwater Beach on the inside now. AHH, Tropics beach bar with their 32oz RumRunners.

There is one place you should avoid. Belleair Causeway. The beach there has eroded. There are power lines on the side you would pull up to. In fact at high tide the water is around the power line poles. This also a concern if you sail out of Clearwater Sailing Center. It's very dangerous and perhaps we can get something done about it. Remember to look up when sailing in unfamiliar places.

For now though I would stay away.
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: THE BRIDGE IS COMING DOWN, WE ARE FREE AT LAST!! - 10/04/05 04:12 PM

With the bridge now down and the weather becoming more pleasent (less HOT), any plans for a group sail around the island???

New sailor to area Nacra 6.0 "White Lightning"
Posted By: catman

Re: THE BRIDGE IS COMING DOWN, WE ARE FREE AT LAST!! - 10/06/05 01:59 AM

Welcome to the area. A group of us are planning on camping this weekend on one of the islands. My boat is already on the causeway, M6.0. We will be camping on the fourth island south of the causeway. There is one you can't see at low tide. I'm going out tomorrow eve to set some stuff up. Stop by.

By the way if you don't know the water keep your boards up some. caution.

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums