Catsailor.com

Infusion jib tack height

Posted By: reVintage

Infusion jib tack height - 08/21/17 04:27 PM

Yo,

I am building a frankenboat F18 using the beams and hulls of my 5.5. Also have a cut down Marstrom Tornado ally mast where all fittings will be taken from the 5.5 mast, a 02-05 Nacra F18 mainsail and an Infusion jib. The mast profiles of the Nacra 5.5 and Marstrom are not very far even if the Nacra is somewhat shorter. So the fittings will fit.

To see if the jib will fit I need to know tack height (or intersection of bridle and forestay wire) measured from deck level. and distance from front beam to bridle fitting on hull.

Anyone here who could possibly help?

If someone also have the measures of where all fittings are placed on a 02-05 Nacra F18 mast I would be delighted.

Brgds
Lars
Posted By: JeffS

Re: Infusion jib tack height - 08/25/17 04:52 AM

I don't know those answers but if you email Goose Marine or Brisbane Catamaran Centre both in Australia you will probably get answers from them, here's some links from Goose's sight
http://www.goosemarine.com.au/content/manual-2003-nacra-F18-Inter.pdf
http://www.goosemarine.com.au/content/Tuning-guide-F18-2003-Model.pdf
good luck

Re: Infusion jib tack height - 08/29/17 07:46 AM

Hi Jeff,
Thanks, will get help from Bart at BNR in Holland. I actually just bought a pair of 18 Square beams from him. Will as well widen the "Frankencat".
Will check your links immediately.
Brgds
Lars
Posted By: JeffS

Re: Infusion jib tack height - 08/31/17 03:34 PM

Congratulations on the frankencat, I too have some 18 square beams, a 32ft Carbon mast and a side project of a frankencat based on a Taipan 5.7

Re: Infusion jib tack height - 11/19/17 09:22 PM

Received the beams together with the F18 main and the Infusion jib from Holland yesterday.

Unfortunately the main beam was far from OK. It had cracks and corrosion around both the top and bottom holes for the dolphinstriker rod and also corrosion around the bolt holes at the end. Also had a useless repair on top to cover the cracks.

What also worried me was that it didn´t have the inserted sleeve inside the beam like the 5.5 has.

Shortening of the Tornado mast was not necessary. The only thing needed was to move the hook 9" down to confirm with F18 rules.

Brgds
Lars

Attached picture upp.jpg
Attached picture under.JPG
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums