Catsailor.com

fort walton

Posted By: lilgoat29

fort walton - 05/02/03 08:29 AM

any sailor going to fort walton in july 03
Posted By: wildtsail

Re: fort walton - 05/09/03 04:41 AM

I've heard about a few teams that are considering going. I've been to the last two (only two since I've been a youth) and I had a blast at both. Unfortunately I am now too old. Another youth team that was at the last two also aged out this year.
Its a small close group and everyone gets along for the most part. Even if you are in dead last its worth it just to be with other youths that share your common interest.
I would recommend any and all youth catamaran and monohull sailors alike give it a try. You only have one youth, if you don't go to this one you have one less opportunity. Also if you win you qualify for the worlds! Its definitely something that should not be missed.
Just a note to all the catamaran youth sailors... you will probably be surprised by youth teams crossing over from mono-hulls who you were not expecting to come. We were the past two years and many of them are very competitive.
If you have any questions about my experience, what I think you should do to prepare and etc do not hesitate to ask me. My email is wildtsail@aol.com
Take advantage of the practice day on Friday as well, its a great day to learn your charter boat, figure out who the competition is, learn the area conditions and etc.
-Todd
Posted By: Sunjammers

Re: fort walton - 05/14/03 06:58 PM

I believe that there are some teams coming over from St. George Island. www.scoutsailing.com this is there web site.

Brad Stephens
www.sunjammers.com
brad@sunjammers.com
850-235-2281
Panama City Beach, FL
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums