Catsailor.com

6or 7 boats got slashed !

Posted By: BobG

6or 7 boats got slashed ! - 11/13/05 12:29 AM

Be aware party time for the kiddies becomes slash the trampoline at night time when the kiddies get drunk.You want to reach out to these youth and hold and teach them to care for other peoples private property even though they live across the beach and there parents forgive them for every thing they do even before they do it. Of course you never know who does it!So you can Billy club the whole party. This is a different aspect to the decline of a fleet. People lose interest if things are vandelized this usually comes in waves many times its someone you know in your neighbor hood or you or the police told someone to get off your boat. They mount an attack at night.If we have to much of this the city then shuts it down. What do we need to solve this problem or better yet have more control over it? I feel like wildebeast sometimes wondering if I am going to get picked off next.
Posted By: Mary

Re: 6or 7 boats got slashed ! - 11/13/05 10:25 AM

Hmmm. Sounds like you have a great opportunity there to introduce some kids to sailing. Schedule some youth sailing days, make up flyers and distribute throughout the neighborhood.

Instead of telling kids to get off your boats, ask them if they want to go sailing with you.

I know, too idealistic; right? But most people are LOOKING for kids to go sailing. If you have them actually lounging on your boats, don't chase them away -- grab 'em and get them out on the water.

Re: 6or 7 boats got slashed ! - 11/13/05 07:50 PM

You've got a good point Mary and on a occasion some of us do take some kids or whoever is there out.The problem is what are you going to go out on if they have pulled the pins and slashed the tramps or kicked a whole in the hull when you show up from the night before.I have found a little bag of tools and a vise grips still attached to the bridle wire,so now have a few that are planning .We get a lot of homeless or drugged up or crunked up(crazy drunk kids and adults).Around there and they will normally congregate on a boat that does'nt look like anyone is taking care of .Nobody is chasing everyone they see off the boats to aggrevate the situation, we all realize that the boats are in public access and people like to sit,lay on or under.There is a silent code not to rattle anyone's cage to much but also not to screw the boat up if your on it.And not to leave all the friggen beer bottles and trash all over the place. I have seen a number of clubs with a fenced yard its not possible here but with that you can at least you can have peace of mind about the condition of your boat for the next sail. I do not want to sound like a whiner over this because this seems to come in as I stated before waves and goes with the territory.You complain to much and the city will just do away with it!
Posted By: Mary

Re: 6or 7 boats got slashed ! - 11/13/05 11:59 PM

I understand your problem. I think the answer is electrification (is that a word?) of the boats.
Posted By: BeachChair_Sailor

Re: 6or 7 boats got slashed ! - 11/14/05 03:59 PM

Why don't you keep your "Trunk Monkee" on the boat If that doesn't work, I know where you can get an attack Parrot.

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/category/4/68/51/
Posted By: BeachChair_Sailor

Re: 6or 7 boats got slashed ! - 11/14/05 04:13 PM

Another option would be to:
Donate YOUR Boat!
Additional boats are very much needed for the Manatee Rehabilitation Partnership’s manatee research and monitoring activities. If you have a boat in excellent condition that is equipped to handle Florida’s diverse waterways, please contact Save the Manatee Club at education@savethemanatee.org or call 1-800-432-JOIN (5646). You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped with manatee protection efforts AND you could receive a tax deduction, too!
Posted By: arbo06

Re: 6or 7 boats got slashed ! - 11/15/05 01:58 AM

Perhaps you can get Terry Tate to keep an eye on your boats.
http://www.advertisementave.com/tv/ad.asp?adid=526

Re: 6or 7 boats got slashed ! - 11/15/05 03:51 AM

I think they had Terry for dinner,with some Fava beans and a nice bottle of "Cobra Pit beer, The beer that keeps you warm when your Tramp gets cold".
Posted By: Lance

Re: 6or 7 boats got slashed ! - 11/19/05 07:28 AM

"Cobra Pit beer, The beer that keeps you warm when your Tramp gets cold".

My tramps are always hot.....and drunk
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums